Whats your favorite Variety?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommBomb

Reaction score
Hello everybody, not sure if there was a thread on this, but what are your favorite red wine and white wine varieties?

For me at this point in time i love Shiraz for the red wine end and for white im into riesling.

Very hard choices because there are so many great varieties.

Can't pick a favorite. Most Italian reds and Cab Sav for reds and Riesling or Chardonnay for white. It is a what are you in the mood for thing

Merlot and CabSauv cause that's what I grow. But my absolute favorite is Nebbiolo. For white I would say a dry Riesling or Chardonnay in champagne form.

If I had to go with a single varietal I would say Cabernet Sauvignon, but I am finding more and more that I like blends. Super Tuscans, Cab/Merlot, Cab/Shiraz, etc. As far as fruit wines go, blackberry is king.

I drink more Zin than anything else. For whites, I like Viognier.

As someone else mentioned, I like blends, and think they should be more prevalent. I am not sure how we got "stuck" on the varietal system.

Tramminette for white , zin or shiraz for reds. Also enjoy apple wines and ciders.

My favorite so far is a blend of red muscadine and elderberry. For a white, I'll take Tara, a variety of white muscadine.

I think the great thing about this thread is that it is giving me all kinds of other ideas of wines I'd like to try.

Is that then "Drinking outside of the box?"

Let's keep this going....

My favorite reds are Merlot and Pinot Noir, my white is Reisling. Since joining this forum I've tried alot of other wines also. Some of them are Zinfindel, Peach Chardonnay, Ports and now some fruit wines. Bakervinyard

Latest posts

Back