What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done any Blue Apron meals in a while, but took delivery of two this week. This is the first, stir fry beef with udon noodles. Not spectacular, but very good, nonetheless. It received unanimous 'thumbs up' from the whole family. If I were to make it again, I'd add a touch of heat, but otherwise, it was really good.

The EP Amarone wasn't the best pairing, but I was craving Amarone while I was cooking. Sometimes you just have to go with your impulse. :)

IMG_3302.jpg

I was 'freezer diving' the other day and came across a turkey breast I'd forgotten about. Thawed it out overnight and just put it into a Jack Daniel's-Maple Syrup brine for the night. I'll take it out tomorrow and cook it over a hint of cherry and apple wood. :HB

Having guests over. The menu includes a leg of lamb, which I deboned late last night, seasoned overnight, and am cooking sous vide. Sides include roasted potatoes, butternut squash, roasted purple cauliflower...

Having guests over. The menu includes a leg of lamb, which I deboned late last night, seasoned overnight, and am cooking sous vide. Sides include roasted potatoes, butternut squash, roasted purple cauliflower...

I gots to get me an Anova SV unit. I'm dying to try the technique. It was on my list for Santa, but I think I need a new barrel more. Dang!

1956221-bbq-short-ribs.jpg

Last night we made Braised Short Ribs with Chipolte and Cocoa. Served with oven roasted fingerling potatoes and fresh french green beans.

Went very well with.......

attachment.php

Alas, went out to dinner on Pizza night, so we delayed it until tonight.

Just want to say that the simple dish I had last night was wonderful. A shroomzilla quesadilla: Marinated and grilled Portobello mushrooms, melted mozzarella and provolone cheeses, caramelized onions, black beans and baby spinach. Served with sour cream (and freshly made tomato salsa)…$10 Paired that with Hoppy Trails IPA (India Pale Ale) OG: 15 | ABV 6.2 | IBUs: 63 This every day, drinkable American style IPA is a favorite wherever it is served. Our brewers begin with a blend of CTZ, Zythos, Citra and Centennial hops, then finish with a dry hop blend of “C” and Simcoe hops. This IPA can satisfy the “Hop Head” in many of us with its citrus fruit aromas, rich malt bill and golden copper hues.

Pizza night, standard fare. One stromboli (hard and regular salami, two types of ham, swiss cheese, extra sauce on the side), one regular pizza 1/2 pepperoni/plain, one alfredo pizza w/pepperoni, and a plain GF pizza (still in oven). Finishing off my keg of Porter, or is it Stout, depends on the temperature but very filling/satisfying in either case.

11-14-15_pizza.jpg

Latest posts

Back