What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big pot of Venison Vegetable soup and rolls here tonight
748.jpg

749.jpg

LOL Doug we're having the same thing. I love homemade meatloaf.

It definately hits the spot. I thought I had peppers but didn't I usually cut up some green and red bell peppers and mix in with the onions and other ingredients. It's killer. For a really good meatloaf, flatten the ground beef out after its mixed like you would a pie crust then layer in sliced ham and sandwhich pepperoni. Wow does that give you some good flavors...We usually also cook potatoes and carrots in the same roaster when we make meat loaf.

Fried Lake Cumberland striped Bass (Rock Fish) with fresh lemon wedges and Frisch's (local restaurant) type home made tarter sauce and home made cocktail sauce , red boiled potato's, Corn on the cob and a bottle of my friends 2012 White Zen.

I wish you were close James. I made a lot. the Wine was really good. It was a 2012 RJ Spagnols Cru Select Old Vine Zinfandel. Better then any store bought Zen Iv had. very good

Tonight....
Its beef stroganoff, with egg noodles,wilted spinach salad,baked creamed corn.
strawberrys,pear,banana,kiwi fruit salad....
and of course some peach blush wine.

Takeout. Tom Kai Gai and spring rolls from the local Thai hole in the wall. Flying solo tonight so I can eat what hubs can't stand.

James, is it date night? Thats a lot of cooking.

We just got a 1/2-share of a lamb, and had our first cut from it today: broiled lamb shoulder chops with coriander, pepper, garlic, and salt. Broccoli with artichoke pesto sauce and fried potatoes rounded things out.

We just got a 1/2-share of a lamb, and had our first cut from it today: broiled lamb shoulder chops with coriander, pepper, garlic, and salt. Broccoli with artichoke pesto sauce and fried potatoes rounded things out.

Oh yum Sour_grapes, I love lamb. Do you ever make Shishlicke? It's to die for :)

My mom really knew how to cook lamb. All I remember is that she cooked it very fast in a screaming hot oven. It always had this wonderful dark brown bark that just bursted with flavor. Never been able to replicate it.

I need to ask Tess is she wouldn't mind giving a DNA sample so that we can have her cloned!

Last edited:
Oh yum Sour_grapes, I love lamb. Do you ever make Shishlicke? It's to die for :)

I adore lamb, too. No, I have never even HEARD of shishlicke, let alone made it. I have a feeling that is about to change! Sounds wonderful, and, I happen to have a few packages of cubed "stew meat" to work with... :)

Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Hope I can hold out till dinner it smells pretty good in the house!

FNM_110112-Slow-Cooker-Pulled-Pork-Sandwiches-Recipe_s4x3_lg.jpg

friday night >? rib eye steak, loaded baked potato,green salad.ceasars dressing, texas toast.......nough said.

I adore lamb, too. No, I have never even HEARD of shishlicke, let alone made it. I have a feeling that is about to change! Sounds wonderful, and, I happen to have a few packages of cubed "stew meat" to work with... :)

Hey Sour_grapes, here's the deal:
Cut the lamb in nice big chunks (shoulder or leg)
Marinate in lemon juice, olive oil and s&p for several hours (we freeze it with the marinade)
Skewer on a stick
BBQ on super-high heat

It turns out all browned on the outside, and so, so juicy on the inside. The juice just drips down your chin.

Ahhhhhhhh! So much yum!

Butterflied pork chops marinated in ginger sauce fixin to go on a hot grill. It's a beautiful evening on the Texas Gulf Coast and my back porch and a bottle of wine is calling.

Back