What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More stuffed chicken breasts. This time with Cheddar Jack, wild rice and broccoli. Gave it a little Penzey's 'Northwoods' seasoning and grill/roasted.

DSC_1044.jpg

Try this:

Get a pork loin, slice into 3/4 inch steaks, place into crock pot, add 1 package lipton onion soup mix, 3 beef bullion cubes ( dissolved), add water to cover meat, cook 5 hrs, add little red potatos, cook 1.5 hrs, add baby carrots cook until carrots are just barely done (still crunchy),

It's not fancy but it will melt in your mouth.

)

Hubby brought pizza home from my favorite pizza place, just the way I like it. No cheese, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and tomatoes. Most people would call that gross, but I LOVE veggies and I've got some awesome BP, cholesterol, and BMI index numbers.

Saving that recipe!

Mike: assuming you meant the crawfish recipe I posted, let me give you a little more info. I made the "Essence" spice mixture he referenced. His recipe calls for 2 tsp of it. I added that, and there was not enough flavor or heat. So I doubled it (4 tsp). Still not enough. So I trebled it (6 tsp). This was, for me, almost perfect, but perhaps a shade too much heat. (Given where you live and what you have posted, it may not even be enough for you!)

For 3 of us, I only made 8 oz of pasta, but the full amount of protein/cream. This was just fine! :D

I was just going to press the "easy button" :)

original-essence.jpg

I like it HOT but not everyone does so I usually have to bump mine up at the table (pepper wise)

Our new Smith's Marketplace carries crawfish by the pound in the Seafood department so I am going to make this one very SOON! :db

Mike: assuming you meant the crawfish recipe I posted, let me give you a little more info. I made the "Essence" spice mixture he referenced. His recipe calls for 2 tsp of it. I added that, and there was not enough flavor or heat. So I doubled it (4 tsp). Still not enough. So I trebled it (6 tsp). This was, for me, almost perfect, but perhaps a shade too much heat. (Given where you live and what you have posted, it may not even be enough for you!)

For 3 of us, I only made 8 oz of pasta, but the full amount of protein/cream. This was just fine! :D

Brined and grill-roasted a turkey breast and had some potato, sweet potato and sautéed green beans.

I had the Hungarian fish soup tonight , it is called the " Halászlé " . This is a spicy Hungarian paprika based soup . It was exceptional with my Muscat wine made from California juice bucket . :b

IMG_20141005_220118.jpg

I had the Hungarian fish soup tonight , it is called the " Halászlé " . This is a spicy Hungarian paprika based soup . It was exceptional with my Muscat wine made from California juice bucket . :b
I had that once when visiting my family in Hungary. Folks, it may not look overly appetizing, but the taste is to DIE for!!!! I am not much of a seafood eater, but I had 3 helpings of this. My cousin cooked it in a large kettle set over an open fire. I do remember him saying that he used catfish (believe it or not, they have rather large catfish) pulled right out of the Lake Balaton that morning.

Latest posts

Back