What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batchin' in this weekend. Just me and the Golden's! :)

SWMBO is going to visit the kids out in Cali!

Tonight was……………. LOL

Beet, Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese Ravioli topped with a little Basil Pesto and on the side was Chicken Sausage with Artichoke, Mozzarella and Garlic.

Paired VERY well with a bottle of my 2011 "Acarreando Largo" Merlot blend. Excellent combo and this wine is really settling down nicely. The tannins are softening (finally) and are now very approachable. Cant wait to see what this wine becomes over the next year!

Tonight is Tuscan style flank steak, grilled asparagus with EVOO, lemon zest and Parmesan, and angel hair pasta with roasted garlic, EVOO, and fresh herbs.

Edit: Here's a couple pics. I may have posted this meal before, so apologies if that is the case.

DSC_0929_zps3336a412.jpg

DSC_0930_zpsa2b4990a.jpg

DSC_0934_zps3a162266.jpg

Last edited:
Prime Rib, the Friday night special at Battle Branch Cafe less than a mile from the house.

Maple Chipotle pulled pork tacos with pickled red onions and avocado creme freche. Washed down with my original skeeter pee.

TGIF!!

Mike I used to do them all the time. I had a SS cup with a large plate on the bottom a buddy made me. I did about four 22 pound turkeys on them. It was the best turkey ever. I used fresh apple cider for them. The jury is still out on how important the type of liquid is. Tonight I used a new roaster I got for my Birthday that you can cook potatoes and vegetables along with then chicken [note: no veggies].
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KX84W4O/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I see said the blind man…… :)

Very nice, the pic looked like it was just in a cast iron skillet of sorts. This looks to be a nice improvement over what I use…….

ceramicbeerbutt.jpg
LOL

The beer works well for me plus I add some sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage, thyme up the "AsK"….. and into the beer.

Pretty amazing outcome and a very "Happy Ending" …….. :)

Tonight I made my "Poor Man's Veal Piccata" and served it with Bev's "Magic Manicotti" and sautéed broccoli. Sorry, we did not take any pictures but here is the recipe for my "veal" dish:

1 Pork tenderloin, silvered and all visible fat removed
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs beaten well
1 cup breadcrumbs (I used 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Panko)
Olive oil
Juice of one large lemon and one lemon cut into wedges
1/4 cup white wine
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and mashed
Salt & Pepper

Trim and silver the pork tenderloin then cut on a diagonal into 1" thick slices. You should get about 9-10 slices. Pound the pork cuts to about 1/2" thick with a meat tenderizer or heavy bottomed glass. Pour flour, salt and pepper into a large plastic bag, add the pork, seal and shake the bag to coat the pork with flour. Shake off excess flour and dip pork into beaten eggs, coating both sides. Move pork from the eggs to the breadcrumbs (I use a pie pan to hold the breadcrumbs) and press to coat both sides. Heat a skillet to medium with about 2 T of olive oil and add the crushed garlic. Let the garlic flavor the oil and then remove. Quickly brown the pork on both sides and remove pork to a baking dish. De-glaze the pan with wine and lemon juice and pour over the pork in the baking dish. Cover with Al foil and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Serve with lemon wedges.

Holy juicy turkey, Batman! that looks awesome.

BB,

Man, do I LOVE TURKEY!!!!!!

Those pictures look fantastic and man does that bird look nice and plump. Can you give details on your brining technique? How you cooked it??

Also, those beef ribs look amazing! I love when they shrivel off the bone like that! Be they were tender! Need to ask for details on those as well!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back