What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight for dinner we are having Surf and Turf. I picked up some petite sirloin steaks, a swordfish steak which is marinadeing in a citrus marinade, fresh sea scallops and shrimp. All of the above will be served with wild rice and steamed green beans. The scallops and shrimp will be sautéed in butter and garlic and the swordfish will be grilled on a cedar plank.

If I remember, I'll snap a pic.

Tonight for dinner we are having Surf and Turf. I picked up some petite sirloin steaks, a swordfish steak which is marinadeing in a citrus marinade, fresh sea scallops and shrimp. All of the above will be served with wild rice and steamed green beans. The scallops and shrimp will be sautéed in butter and garlic and the swordfish will be grilled on a cedar plank.

If I remember, I'll snap a pic.

And what time will it be served? :b

Let's see, if I left two days ago should make it in time! Enjooooy

Tonight will be Tuscan style flank steak with grill roasted veg and angel hair pasta tossed with EVOO, Parmesan, roasted garlic and parsley. Got a new camera this week, so I will post up some pics later.

As threatened:

Steak on!
07cf5dee243d63e58365544427d13c93_zps78a876a5.jpg

Veg on!

a2d7ae03616ae4c0fd28e9cf39f01da2_zps748b53b5.jpg

Plated!

482a594429cf5dbb038f792eb66d211e_zps47d9d6f6.jpg

Filet mignon medium rare ( little kosher salt, cracked pepper and olive oil about 2 hours prior to cooking), baked potato, and boiled shrimp. Finally the dinner was paired with a 2004 Jordan Cabernet. The wife and I had a really nice dinner. We are lucky to have a butcher about 5 minutes from us with local beef. These times I can cook for my wife are truly special.

Lazy mother decided cooking was not happening, so I gave the kids soup and pierogies. Just too worn out to make anything fabulous tonight.

Had the flu yesterday and Monday night. Gave the family pasta with sauce. I only ate the biscuits. :s

Tonight it is something REAL special..

Ronzoni spaghetti
Francesco Rinaldi sauce (1.50 a jar)
some of those pre-cooked, cheap, frozen meatballs (1.99 per packet)

Please Pray for me....

Ronzoni spaghetti

Please Pray for me....

Ciao, Francesco Rinaldi!!

With the proper pairing, this meal will be fabulous.

Ronzoni spaghetti

Please Pray for me....

John I find the frozen Italian meatballs in the grocery store are better than most homemade ones I get. I try to get the best ones I can.

Latest posts

Back