What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, wish I was there. Warm, dry, good food cooking, ice cold beer! What'd ya playing over them there Bose? We should have a contest to see who can guess closest. How about some CSNY Déjà Vu?

I'm listening to this guy on Facebook right now: Mike DelGuidice. If you like Billy Joel at all (or Elton or others of that ilk, check him out)

Search him up. He's fantastic.

He is very talented for sure! Being I'm too lazy to search him up, does he do this every week at the same time?

I can surf this site and keep your link open, very nice.

Thanks Jim!

Sh&t, he's doing Kiss, and very well I may add. Very talented.

Last edited:
He is very talented for sure! Being I'm too lazy to search him up, does he do this every week at the same time?

I can surf this site and keep your link open, very nice.

Thanks Jim!

He's doing shows every Wed and Sat lately. He'll be performing on Billy Joel's Facebook page Tuesday at 8pm ET. He actually tours with Billy.

If you're familiar with the show "Kevin Can Wait", he did the theme song.

Last edited:
Nope, nope, nope Facebook. Not going to allow you to track me on WMT........

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 12.05.02 PM.png

I'm listening to this guy on Facebook right now: Mike DelGuidice. If you like Billy Joel at all (or Elton or others of that ilk, check him out)

Search him up. He's fantastic.

Moved pizza night to Sunday night since I knew it would be a rather wet and a not grill friendly evening. Three pizzas, first is a GF crust. Son said it was most like traditional pizza than he ever remembered. I have to wonder about that one as he was eight when he was diagnosed with celiac. Either way he liked it and I can make 11 or 12 crusts for the price of two pre-made ones. Wifey said their pizza was excellent, but I could have cooked the crust more. Haven't tried mine yet and have to scurry up to a zoom prayer meeting, will report later. Daughter wanted a thicker crust, but I think in general I can cook these longer (cooked at 450*F with convection). I thought they would crisp up earlier since the 00 flour takes less water to initially form the dough. Oh well, live an learn.

.4-26-20_pizza-1.jpg4-26-20_pizza-2.jpg4-26-20_pizza-3.jpg

So, While I didn't make it, i was Watching V is for Vino and the host stated time and time again to match the acid level. high acid food, high acid wine. not something i'd think of doing but when I orederd a Buttered Chicked at an Indian restuant i Reluctantly ordered a Savingion Blanc. it was PERFECT!!!!

Nice day today, crap weather all week until Friday. Ergo, I made a snap decision to uncover the Weber this evening. Just a coupla simple burgers, but it was nice to cook outdoors for a change. First time since Fall.

I have always said that I do not mind how cold it gets here. What I mind is how long it gets cold.

We grilled burgers Sat night and the Fries came out better than most restaurant fries. Sun we did brisket that I put in the smoker Sat night. It tasted great but I think it was too small and flat to take the whole long cook treatment. never made it to really tender and it couldn't have cooked any longer without drying out. Still great weekend of food.
MediumBrisket.jpgBurgers.jpg
Mike

We grilled burgers Sat night and the Fries came out better than most restaurant fries. Sun we did brisket that I put in the smoker Sat night. It tasted great but I think it was too small and flat to take the whole long cook treatment. never made it to really tender and it couldn't have cooked any longer without drying out. Still great weekend of food.

Mike
Wrap it in thick cut bacon next time. Has worked like a charm for me!

Back