What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hot day in August pulled pork cook. Half of a bone in pork butt. Weber kettle grill with a charcoal snake and some hickory for flavor. Ran it up to 200*F and now resting in foil so I can put the pull to pulled pork. Will serve with some farm fresh corn on the cob and a garden salad. Saturday and simple, nice basic formula for the weekend. Now where's my beer?

8-17-19_pulled-pork.jpg

Didn’t take any pics, but sous vide cooked a SRF Gold Ribeye Cap (spinalis) for 6 hours on 130. Patted dry, sea salt n pepper, seared in a superheated cast iron pan with butter. Sliced up in 1/2” strips (across the grain) and served. Decadent, but you just can’t eat much, it’s so rich. Think I made myself ill...

68918186_10212546999069898_9025170660627841024_n.jpg

Didn’t take any pics, but sous vide cooked a SRF Gold Ribeye Cap (spinalis) for 6 hours on 130. Patted dry, sea salt n pepper, seared in a superheated cast iron pan with butter. Sliced up in 1/2” strips (across the grain) and served. Decadent, but you just can’t eat much, it’s so rich. Think I made myself ill...

I bought a few Prime Ribeye Caps from Costco a while back. You are right about decadent.

Sous vide strip steak salad again. This is becoming the go-to 'Easy Button' meal for me. Wife and kids had gone out to lunch and had leftovers from that. So I was on my own. I needed to get the grass cut and needed something easy. Got home from work, took the steak out of the freezer and plopped it in the tub. Cut the grass, helped the wife out with a few things, got cleaned up and started the grill. 1 minute per side and I was done.

IMG_0828.JPG

Sous vide strip steak salad again. This is becoming the go-to 'Easy Button' meal for me. Wife and kids had gone out to lunch and had leftovers from that. So I was on my own. I needed to get the grass cut and needed something easy. Got home from work, took the steak out of the freezer and plopped it in the tub. Cut the grass, helped the wife out with a few things, got cleaned up and started the grill. 1 minute per side and I was done.

View attachment 56104

What's your preferred temp to hit on the steak? Looks med rare?

Latest posts

Back