What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At risk of overloading you with photos, I will share my 9 course formal kaiseki dinner that I enjoyed this evening with my hosts from Tohoku University. It was truly delicious........

Wow does that bring back memories!!! I wanna go back.

I resized and reposted your pictures. Hope you dont mind

Thanks for sharing.

RR

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Greg, to let you know, your pics are coming thru just fine for me. There is a bar at the top of you pic that says it has been resized and to click here for full screen. So maybe it is just how different computers load the pics.

I used to be able to resize mine also but with my new phone I can't. Actually the bigger picture is easier to see the details.

What else is in that cream cheese stuffing? I need to make this. Will probably do it on the grill.

I would like to know also, this looks very good, and want to try it....
maybe with a spinach salad, and some fresh green beans.....

LoveTheWine,

I would also like to know. Can you provide a full recipe (both the chicken and the pasta)?

PLEEEEEEEEESE????? :h

Also, How did you end up baking the chicken so that the bacon is crisp, the chicken juicy, and the cheese did not all run out???

Thanks for the kind words and likes everyone.
This chicken tasted awesome! very simple to make.
JohnT LoveTheWine,

I would also like to know. Can you provide a full recipe (both the chicken and the pasta)?

PLEEEEEEEEESE?????

Also, How did you end up baking the chicken so that the bacon is crisp, the chicken juicy, and the cheese did not all run out???
Go easy near the edges when spreading the cheese and it will behave itself for the most part

Here are the recipes (you can copy paste then to word):

Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Ingredients
- (6) Chicken breasts
- (1) Block of cream cheese
- (12) strips bacon
- Minced onion (2-4 tbs)
- Minced chives (2-4 tbs)
- Oregano (to your liking)
Procedure
Preheat oven to 400 f
Butterfly the chicken and lightly pound breasts to ½” thick. Soften the cream cheese in a large bowl in Micro and then add onion, chives and oregano to the cheese and mix. Spread mix on all the chicken breasts and roll up tightly. Wrap bacon tightly around each chicken.
Prepare a pan with rack placed in it, spray with cooking spray and place chicken on top. Put in Oven for 40 min.
When cooked, take chicken out, turn on broiler and when ready broil the chicken for a few min to crisp bacon.
Enjoy with pasta and delicious homemade wine.

Pasta Alfredo
Ingredients
- Penne pasta
- (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- (1/2 cup) light cream
- (1/2 cup) fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley and oregano
- Salt and pepper
Procedure
Boil pasta for 10-11 min
Melt butter in a pan on low heat. Stir in cream when melted. When warm season to your liking with salt, pepper and herbs. Keep warm till pasta is ready.
When pasta is done, drain. Add cheese to the cream mixture and in turn mix into pasta.
Serve immediately.

Boatboy24 What else is in that cream cheese stuffing? I need to make this. Will probably do it on the grill.
Let me know how this works. Grilling sounds good!

Yum! This is totally going on the menu for next week :)

Today for lunch I had leftover mashed potatoes, gritswucht, and pears.

Mom brought me special GF gritswucht from the butcher in Beausejour - thanks Mom! I would eat that stuff every day if I could. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Im doing the stuffed chicken that lovethewine posted...
I added some chopped scallions and a little pineapple basil.
i closed the ends of the wrapped chicken with toothpic..
serving with fresh wilted salad and home made rice a roni with
vermicilli and beef broth left over from making tamale meat....

thanks again lovethewine for recipe.....

Baked some cod loins, then flaked them into a caper/butter/garlic/lemon sauce. Paired with garlic-braised mushrooms and kale, baked potato, and butternut squash. Paired with a Pinot Grigio and then (after that ran out) a Gruner Veltliner. Very tasty! :)

friday night t bone....sauteed portabella mushrooms cooked in bacon dripping with just a little worchester ..
steamed asparagus with a hollondaise sauce....
thats it..

Had my first 'outing' since my surgery yesterday, a date with Bryan!

I had bacon-wrapped, crab-stuffed prawns; French Onion Soup with toast & mounds of melted cheese on top; and a kale-strawberry salad.

Washed it down with a nice Merlot.

today is saturday, its cold here and raining....

so, it beef tips with mushrooms and scallions gravy
home made dumplings
steamed leeks
ripe pears with a mild goat cheese

today is saturday, its cold here and raining....

so, it beef tips with mushrooms and scallions gravy
home made dumplings
steamed leeks
ripe pears with a mild goat cheese

Seriously, James, cold????????? it's 36 degrees, the snow is blowing sideways and it's wings and fries night! :tz

julie...i know...im a wuss....its 46 here and raining...we hardly ever see 46 in the day time.....suppose to be like this for a week...which is abnormal.
i had to get my long johns out and my heavy coat....lol

Latest posts

Back