What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final product, served on one-time use plate [emoji16][emoji16]

ImageUploadedByWine Making1457217394.700555.jpg

And finally the restaurant owner, good friend of ours, brought us tilapia with mango salad and rice... We're stuffed..!!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1457228549.974200.jpg

OMG, Varis! Do you guys ever stop!!?? Great spread(s)!!

Tonight, we did burgers, tots and salad. Nothing fancy, but a good burger, cooked over charcoal with a handful of spend oak cubes is just delicious. Even more so with sharp cheddar and some bacon.

I know, today was one of those days...LOL

Yours sounds good!!

A neighbor was recently hospitalized and we just brought over a batch of baked ziti, fresh bread and a salad for her husband and kids. I figured I might as well double everything and cover dinner for ourselves too.

Worked pretty hard yesterday helping to sheetrock my younger brother's house. Afterwards, both brothers came to my house to install my new appliences.

We were all STARVING, so i whipped up dinner: filet mignon, baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, asparigus, and ceasar salad.

I Am proud To say that the total prep and cooking time was only 1 hour!

the filets were 2 inches thick. I pan seared them on bothe sides, then finished them off in the over for 12 minutes at 425 degrees. Pleased to say it was the perfect cook. Just the red side of medium rare.

I am proud to say that total eat time was 10 minutes...

I opened a bottle of my super cab then watched my older brother enjoy a couple of glasses.I said "lent sucks" lately????

have i

Special dinner tonight for some good friends. We are serving:

Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Bruschetta paired with Champagne

Then

Grilled Tuscan Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Sauce
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fennel, Shallots, Garlic, Sage
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

Paired with:

2011 Kevin White "La Fraternité" GSM Blend (Columbia Valley)
2010 Reynvann "In the Rocks" Syrah (Walla Walla Valley)
2005 Col Solare Bordeaux Blend (Red Mountain)

Desert:

Puff Pastry Tart with Granny Smith Apples paired with Vidal Ice Wine

So glad I gave up lima beans for lent!

I Love Swedish meatballs! Care to share the recipe??
I got it off the internet somewhere so can't take credit for it but these are amazing!

Ingredients
For the Meatballs

2 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1-1/2 cups cubed white sandwich bread, crusts removed (you'll need about 4 slices)
1 pound ground pork
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pound ground beef (85% lean)

For the Sauce

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (see note below recipe)
1 cup heavy cream
1-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice, from one lemon
Finely chopped parley, for garnish (optional)

Instructions
For the Meatballs

Preheat the oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up and place an ovenproof baking/cooling rack over top; spray the rack very generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk the eggs and cream together in a medium bowl. Stir in the bread and mash until no large bread chunks remain. Set aside.
In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the pork, garlic, allspice, pepper, salt, and baking powder on high speed until smooth and pale, about 2 minutes, scraping bowl as necessary. Add the bread mixture to the mixing bowl and beat on low speed until combined (so it doesn't splatter), then increase the speed to high and beat until smooth and homogeneous, about 1 minute, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add the beef and mix on medium-low speed until just incorporated, about 20 seconds, scraping the bowl as necessary. Using wet hands, form the meat mixture into 1-1/2-inch round meatballs and place on the prepared rack. (The mixture is very sticky and wet hands help; keep wetting your hands as you go). Bake for about 20 minutes, until just done.
Note: You'll notice that the rack will leave little marks on the meatballs but they will not be too noticeable once the meatballs are covered with sauce.

For the Sauce

While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until flour is golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. (Careful not to burn; it goes from golden to burnt quickly.) Whisk in the chicken broth, getting rid of any lumps. Add the brown sugar and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, whisking and scraping down the sides of the pan occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced, about 10 minutes. Add the cream, soy sauce and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, whisking and scraping down the sides occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 10 minutes. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer, turning occasionally to coat with the sauce, until heated through. Stir in the lemon juice, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, then serve.
Note: The cream sauce is a touch sweet. For a less sweet sauce, you can reduce or omit the brown sugar.

Just finished a huge bowl of duck and smoked venison gumbo, game harvested from my property this past season. I can take credit for the ducks and deer, but my lovely wife is responsible for the creation. That Cajun can cook!!!!

Back