What Wine related gifts did you get for Christmas?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I scored a couple of nice ones this year!

From my better half this really cool shaped decanter and a bottle of Col Solare to go in it.

20091225_162452_DSC02362.jpg

From the kids, an engraved decanter and wine glasses with the winery name and a bottle of Columbia Crest Reserve Cabernet.

20091225_162508_DSC02363.jpg

Definitely a great Christmas!
smiley1.gif

What wonderful gifts!!

My son gave me a hefty gift certificate at FVW! =)

Very nice. Santa(me) bought me a bunch of beer brewing hardware for Christmas!

Santa found the 3 kits that i had been hiding in the basement for a month or so and as a result i got shut out this year :(

It's my own doing and i'm grateful santa let me keep the 3 kits .

Merry Christmas to all!

Dan R

moz-screenshot-2.png
20091225_200942_Rogarg.jpe

http://www.rogar.com/rogarchampionwin.html

a wine making uncle from the old country happenned upon one of these and gave me this when i delivered him some peach wine.....this is the best cork puller i have ever owned....this will go to the winery....and i think i mentioned in another topic that my son gave me the two Vinturi's.....its been a generous Christmas
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

You mean I am not the only one hiding kits!
smiley2.gif

diggerdan17 said:
Santa found the 3 kits that i had been hiding in the basement for a month or so and as a result i got shut out this year :(

It's my own doing and i'm grateful santa let me keep the 3 kits .

Merry Christmas to all!

Dan R

I also have 2 kits hiding downstairs and the makings for a Blueberry Melomel.

I received a Sharper Image Rechargeable wine bottle opener, a Sharper Image Wine Chiller and a $300.00 Gift Certificate to FVW.
smiley4.gif

I'm sure glad I'm not the only one with kits hiding! I sure blew an opportunity for a gift cert though. Didn't even put it on the list. Dumb!

Kat, her son and my family really spoiled me.
Kat got me a bottle of Linganore Abiso (a port style)
she also gave me a new starter set including my first glass carboy (6 gal). I have 2 6 gal better bottles that I use now.
A moststi sauvingon blanc kit and a double set of the tools I have such as hydrometer, double lever port corker. Cleaner. Spigotted primary extra airlock. Etc.
I also got a copy of the wine bible which is interesting. A new pair of wine glasses and charms. From my mom, stepdad and brothers.
Best Christmas ever.
Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

Cru Select California Old Vins Zinfandel. It is headed for the plastic bucket early this morning.

I somehow have to intercept the FedEx guy next week with the 2 kits I snagged on sale!
smiley3.gif

I won't start them until the Spring sometime but they were hard to pass up with the sale as well as the growers discount. Got the CC Chateau du Pays with Grape Pack as well as the MM Chilean Pinot Noir.

Joan said:
What wonderful gifts!! My son gave me a hefty gift certificate at FVW!  =)

Waldo said:
I received a Sharper Image Rechargeable wine bottle opener, a Sharper Image Wine Chiller and a $300.00 Gift Certificate to FVW.
smiley4.gif

Waldo, you will love that bottle opener. I got one at Bed bath and Beyond and everyone that has seen it has gone out and got one themselves.

ibglowin said:
I somehow have to intercept the FedEx guy next week with the 2 kits I snagged on sale!
smiley3.gif

I won't start them until the Spring sometime but they were hard to pass up with the sale as well as the growers discount. Got the CC Chateau du Pays with Grape Pack as well as the MM Chilean Pinot Noir.

Joan said:
What wonderful gifts!! My son gave me a hefty gift certificate at FVW! =)

Even tho I've done some serious window shopping, I haven't decided what I will spend it on! I want one of everything but the GC is not that hefty! =)

See'in as how I got a $150.00 gift certificate last year to a local brew shop Santa didnt get me anything related except a nice 2 pint bottle of chocolate stout that was crafted hear in NY. Will pop that baby tomorrow!

Pete

By the way....I also have a few beer kits stashed.....lol. And the makings for a cranberry melomel
smiley2.gif

Pete

Latest posts

Back