What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a second letter from the PLCB shooting down my application due to my wife working at a hotel which has a liquor license. They appreciated my reply, but stupid, outdated rules are stupid, outdated rules (and unenforceable at that). My wife has to quit her job in order for us to get a license. Ridiculous at best....

I'm sorry to hear that Bill. So now what do you do? Can you appeal the decision?

a second letter from the PLCB shooting down my application due to my wife working at a hotel which has a liquor license. They appreciated my reply, but stupid, outdated rules are stupid, outdated rules (and unenforceable at that). My wife has to quit her job in order for us to get a license. Ridiculous at best....

That's just stupid. Sorry you're having such difficulty. I went to college in PA and don't miss having to make those Sunday beer runs to NJ. LOL!

Today is moving day -1. Final packing today, with movers arriving in the morning. It's also our 9th anniversary. Not much celebrating, but we'll take care of that after tomorrow.

That's just stupid. Sorry you're having such difficulty. I went to college in PA and don't miss having to make those Sunday beer runs to NJ. LOL!

Today is moving day -1. Final packing today, with movers arriving in the morning. It's also our 9th anniversary. Not much celebrating, but we'll take care of that after tomorrow.

Ah, we can now buy wine and beer on a Sunday! Times have changed.

Good luck on your move. At least the weather is a little cooler today. Better than 90* w/high humidity. Never know what it's gonna be like this time of year around these parts. When my wife and I got married 18 years ago, we went to our cabin in Tioga County and it never got above the 50's.

What am I doing today? Played with and took care of my 2 year old granddaughter from 0600 till 0900 when i went to work. Worked till 2000. Home. Field stripped and cleaned up a Glock that was half full of lint. Put together a wine rack while having a glass, ok, two glasses of Malbec. Now? Wasting a crap load of time here. :re Exciting, no?

Going to secretary of state office this morning plates expired,drivers license expired, and boat licence expired. .. happy birthday to me on Wednesday

Yesterday I backsweetened 6 gallons of Niagra, filtered 9 gallons of Skeeter Pee, labeled 6 cases of previously bottled wine, racked and sulfited the 24 gallons of Chilean reds that refused to take MLF and started a batch of Pee. Today I started a batch of Pee which will be for Cranberry Lime and I'm hoping to bottle the Pee that was filtered yesterday. Some will go into beer bottles and the rest into wine bottles.

Woke up expecting to do some day drinking after a long week of triming trees and about 6 a.m a lady called frantic and said she had a tree fall during last nights storm on her chicken coop. Soon drive out expecting a little branch and it was a whole 45 ft tree and I called my workers and they were all on the lake amd I couldn't leave her chickens stuck in the coop so i got it all down

Sorry things didn't work out.
Sitting in my new home, in my leather chair, enjoying a Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout for a nightcap. I'm exhausted, but this feels really good.
Hope you're settling in well! The stress part is over and now the enjoyment comes
Woke up expecting to do some day drinking after a long week of triming trees and about 6 a.m a lady called frantic and said she had a tree fall during last nights storm on her chicken coop. Soon drive out expecting a little branch and it was a whole 45 ft tree and I called my workers and they were all on the lake amd I couldn't leave her chickens stuck in the coop so i got it all down
Wow! So much for a day of rest!!

Today I bottled a grapefruit cider. Now I'm trying to come up with a label idea for it (it's for the same girlfriend I did the pear cider for, for those of you that might have seen my label ;) )

Final stuff out of the old place today. We're down to just a few things in the pantry and fridge. Basement and upper level are empty and clean. I'll give the old lawn one last mowing, we'll shine up the kitchen, take out the trash and we'll be done. Settlement is on Tuesday. Last night, Mrs. Boatboy and I took a break from the madness and went to the Dave Matthews show to celebrate my birthday. What a wonderful break from the madness of the past few days. I've been to see them a lot, but this show was the best one I've seen so far.

Bottled 5 gallons of my 2012 Concord (made from grapes), and fine filtered 15 gallons of Catawba. We will pressure was some tanks today and hope to sterile filter another 15 gallons of Catawba and 30 gallons of Diamond. Per Doug's suggestion, we will backsweeten the peppermint patty wine a tad more and maybe bottle that.....

filtered/racked 30 gallons of Diamond and started 2 three gallon batches of Tropical Rain (Mango wine). Tomorrow, we need to pressure wash 2 of the 15 gallon carboys and a 70 gallon tank, plus start an elderberry and 2 kits....

Bday ended up being a bit of a bust. We were supposed to finish up at the old house, then go to my parents for dinner. My oldest got sick on the way to the old house, so I came home with the kids and wifey worked on packing up the remaining debris. I got the home entertainment system wired up in between puke clean ups, and managed to do some laundry and set a few other things up. The youngest and I threw some burgers on the grill for dinner and watched Despicable Me 2 in 3D. Low key day, but productive, despite the sickness. My oldest has been apologizing all day for 'ruining my birthday'. I've had a lot of them already and am planning on many more. Laying low for one is no big deal, and I kind of like that anyway - even if it involves a puking child.

My first full day back at work today. So far so good, and I'm hoping I will make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk :)

Settlement on the sale of the house this afternoon. Happy it is all over, but it is certainly bitter sweet in some ways. I purchased that place when Jennifer and I were dating. Our relationship was serious enough at that point that she was consulted on the decision. It was new construction, so I took her out, walked her through the model and saw she liked it. Then I drove her over to the (then) empty lot. That was March - we'd been dating about 6 months at that time. By the end of August, construction had just begun. About a week later, I took her to the hole in the ground that would soon be our new home and I proposed to her in the front yard. Amazingly, she accepted. (sucker!! :) ) In December, I moved in, and we got married in May. Both of our children were brought from the hospital to that home as their first (and until now, only) home. We've made some good friends, and bitched about a few neighbors here and there, but we've had a great 9 1/2 years.

I grew up an Army brat, and 9 1/2 years is more than twice as long as I've lived anywhere. Our new place is just fantastic and so much more than I ever thought I could have. No doubt, I could (and plan to) be very happy there at least until I retire. Here's to the closing of a wonderful chapter, and turning the page on a great new one. I'll have to open something nice Friday night to celebrate officially.

An unlikely event, after being prodded by ffemt, my wife has decided to relinguish her part of the winery to me for the tidy sum of $1. This gets her off of the ownership of the winery (this will appease the 1920's statutes of the PLCB). She will also let me become the manager of the winery (appeasement #2 of the PLCB). From a ruling cited by the PLCB, they will let her continue to own our house which contains the winery and let her continue to have her paychecks deposited into our joint home savings/checking account which will fund the winery. We hope this pleases the powers at the PLCB/PA state police or whoever grants liquor licenses in the state of PA.

Please note that the PLCB now ranks up there with telemarketers, banks and the cable company as my least favorite people to deal with....

Up early this morning and went for a run to explore the trails around the new place. Got a little too into the exploration of the new terrain and went further than I should have - runs have been few and far between in the last two months. Oh well. I'll recover. Then a few domestic duties, followed by church. This afternoon, I spent time unpacking garage stuff and getting shelving, cabinets, etc set up there. Not done yet, but made some good progress. Did the trimming, cut the lawn, and gave one kid a bath. I'm beat! Ready to get the kids to bed, then I'll enjoy a little more if my Petit Sirah.

Latest posts

Back