What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying one of my 1st fruit wines with a good friend on the eve of traveling to hospital with hubby. Chest pressures.He's got heart disease and has had a stint placed 7 years ago. The last few days we've been in and out of hospitals and drs. for pressure on heart . Tomorrow we travel about 240 kms to hospital for cardiologist exam and tests.Tomorrow, hopefully I bring him home and we enjoy another glass!

Babysitting my 7 week old while wife works (I work from home, so not that hard to do) and if all goes well my palm date wine needs to be racked as does my rooibostea wine.

Work has picked up and I am on the road again this week. Hard to find time to bottle what is ready. Bottled two 6 gallon Batches two weeks ago and need to bottle a couple more for the upcoming competition in June.

Enjoying one of my 1st fruit wines with a good friend on the eve of traveling to hospital with hubby. Chest pressures.He's got heart disease and has had a stint placed 7 years ago. The last few days we've been in and out of hospitals and drs. for pressure on heart . Tomorrow we travel about 240 kms to hospital for cardiologist exam and tests.Tomorrow, hopefully I bring him home and we enjoy another glass!

Good luck, Vern! (normally, I would not know the spouse's name!)

Good luck, and best wishes!

Trying to deliver a house to the job site but the wide has made that impossible to do so I've been just sitting here playing on my phone getting paid

Started my May WOTM - Grapefruit wine - this morning.

Going for my bi-yearly haircut this afternoon in preparation for going back to work (hopefully soon!), and the summer. I'm thinking I'm going to go strawberry blonde or fiery red. Never done red before. In our family, I'm naturally a blonde, my sister is a brunette, and my brother is a red head. It's like a joke waiting to happen. :slp So my sister and I like to change it up every once in awhile just to confuse people.

Hope everything is working out. I can sympathize. I'm sick of going to doctors and hospitals at this point. :sh

Good luck, Vern! (normally, I would not know the spouse's name!)
And I have said that Vern is" hubby", when?? :) :i

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Hubby's tests have come back and according to them, he doesn't "appear" to have another plugged artery. It's been a helluva week. Now we start another series of appointments to try to figure/eliminate the cause of these chest pains.
Started my May WOTM - Grapefruit wine - this morning.

Going for my bi-yearly haircut this afternoon in preparation for going back to work (hopefully soon!), and the summer. I'm thinking I'm going to go strawberry blonde or fiery red. Never done red before. In our family, I'm naturally a blonde, my sister is a brunette, and my brother is a red head. It's like a joke waiting to happen. :slp So my sister and I like to change it up every once in awhile just to confuse people.

Haha! I have always loved playing with colors in my hair. Trying to hide the red I have been many shades of brunettes, blondes,dark and even shades of purple. I have permed it, shaved it, worn it long and short. Hair is great because for many of us, it always comes back to give us a new "canvas" of sorts to play with.

pics??

@vernsgal Oh I'm so glad it's not the artery - and good luck with the rest of the tests. We had some scares with my Dad's heart before they realized it was psoriatic arthritis, he'd been mis-diagnosed for over a decade!

Lol, my family is never sure what they'll see after I go in for a haircut. I'll never forget when I had hair down past my butt, and I chopped it down to around two inches. My husband cried when he saw it! I'm hoping to get one of the 'new' mohawks one of these days soon - once I decide I'm tired of the long hair again.

Here's the best picture I could get by myself, I don't own a selfie stick, so the angle makes me look like a bobble head crossed with a cupie doll. The red didn't show up at all in the photo, but in person it's really bright. :)

IMG_20150508_133704.jpg

Well, we did the Styx concert on Friday night and actually got the official set list from the sound guy (very nice of him). WE visited a local winery, owned by some new friends that I met at the AWC in February.

Met with my state rep and they are working on my appeal to the PLCB. My wife is also interviewing for another job to help out also. Next up is to go and see my state senator. The PLCB has messed with the wrong person (me).

I will be sanitizing bottles and doing bench testing on the 2012 Niagara this week. Doug will be coming over to help with the bottling on Sunday.

just got a call that a old friend had passed at age 52. Way too young. Live every day like it was your last.

Heading out to pick up ingredients for some Tropical Rain wine (thanks chase!) for my wife. She was thristy for the contest winning wine from last year (the Welches Challenge).

just got a call that a old friend had passed at age 52. Way too young. Live every day like it was your last.

Heading out to pick up ingredients for some Tropical Rain wine (thanks chase!) for my wife. She was thristy for the contest winning wine from last year (the Welches Challenge).

Sorry to hear that Bill. Four years ago, my brother died at the age of 52. It is way too young.

That was a really good wine!

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Tired today. I was painting at the new house until 11:30 last night. FIOS install Friday, I have a couple buddies coming on Sunday to help us move some of the small, awkward stuff (lamps, pictures, small furniture and some boxes). Movers come next Thursday!

sorry for your loss
Tired today. I was painting at the new house until 11:30 last night. FIOS install Friday, I have a couple buddies coming on Sunday to help us move some of the small, awkward stuff (lamps, pictures, small furniture and some boxes). Movers come next Thursday!

You must be getting sooo anxious and excited!

Back