What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been going through old pics on our various computers today. The problem with the digital age is you take too damn many pictures. I need to get better (or more ruthless) with choosing which ones are keepers. I'm trying to purge all the junk and keep only the good/meaningful stuff. I'll hopefully be setting up a NAS in the near future with backup and I only want to bring over stuff that we really want.

I know what you mean. I am convinced that the way to take good pictures is to take tons of them, and throw away the bad ones. BUT I CAN NEVER GET MYSELF TO THROW ANY AWAY! :slp

I am also torn about printed vs. digital pictures. On one hand, I never look at the bin full of pictures I had taken from years ago. On the other hand, I am sure that at some point, I won't be able to access my digital pictures, due to some crash/calamity or another. (I have them backed up in various media and various places, so hopefully my fears are unfounded.)

I hear ya, Paul. I'm a digital guy and my wife is old school, so we have a reasonably good combination there. About twice a year, she uploads a couple hundred pics and gets prints. She then takes about a quarter of those and puts them into photo albums (the rest shouldn't be printed in the first place, IMHO :) ). We have no backup at the point, which is why I really want to get the NAS set up. I'll have a mirror drive and if I can follow my plan, will do a hard backup once or twice a year with a portable drive, then store that off site.

cleaned and sanitized another dozen bottles today. still working on labels and the state permit....

Cleaned 6 cases of empty bottles that I picked up at a local winery yesterday. I love the labels these guys use, warm water and Oxyclean, wait 30 minutes the labels fall off. Tasted some of the aging California wines from this fall, the are showing promise. Malolactic shows to be done, waiting a few weeks before adding kmeta.

Field trip with my 1st grader's class to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum.

I absolutely love this place. If you ever find yourself in the Virginia suburbs of DC, or have a couple hours to kill at Dulles airport; head on over there.

Continueing to clean out the basement (winery) in preparation of the nine 70 gallon tanks that will be showing up. Anyone need a ping pong table or a sewing machine????

Continueing to clean out the basement (winery) in preparation of the nine 70 gallon tanks that will be showing up. Anyone need a ping pong table or a sewing machine????

No, but I'll take one of those tanks to clear up some space for the ping pong table. :)

Ordered another Winery Series Super Tuscan today. My supply is running low, and FVW has them on sale (for another few hours, at least).

Last edited:
rècal

I am watching good morning America today and they are doing a story on recalled products that are still being sold. So they are talking about a child seat bumble seat or something. Interview a couple who's child got hurt while sitting in the chair. So the husband is explaining what happened while he the child got really hurt falling over in the chair. When he explains that he turned around when he heard a crash. The chair fell over off the counter on to e open dishwasher and then the child was on the floor screamin. Remind you this is a baby or toddler chair resembling a small bucket. So watching this I'm like oh no that poor baby. Then it hits me what idiot puts a child (baby) on the counter. And the parents are just like talking like they can't believe they had just bought this chair and it was recalled like a year ago. I understand that recalled items shouldn't be sold, but child on the counter, cant recall stupidity.
I apologize for long post and if you know these parents but on a counter top, really.
back to my day checking wine then out out on the snowy roads in michigan running service calls

Last edited:
I am watching good morning America today and they are doing a story on recalled products that are still being sold. So they are talking about a child seat bumble seat or something. Interview a couple who's child got hurt while sitting in the chair. So the husband is explaining what happened while he the child got really hurt falling over in the chair. When he explains that he turned around when he heard a crash. The chair fell over off the counter on to e open dishwasher and then the child was on the floor screamin. Remind you this is a baby or toddler chair resembling a small bucket. So watching this I'm like oh no that poor baby. Then it hits me what idiot puts a child (baby) on the counter. And the parents are just like talking like they can't believe they had just bought this chair and it was recalled like a year ago. I understand that recalled items shouldn't be sold, but child on the counter, cant recall stupidity.
I apologize for long post and if you know these parents but on a counter top, really.
back to my day checking wine then out out on the snowy roads in michigan running service calls

Both of our kids used one of those chairs - on the floor!!!!

Too bad you can't recall people.

2 loads of laundry
Racked my white Niagara,
Racked some of my Brunello,
Making space for my cider.
Gave serious and researched bottling my cider in beer bottles.
Which lead me to idea of carbonating , which lead me Thinking of brewing my own beer.
Which lead to me thinking of bottling skeeter pee in beer bottles.

Sat down worked it all out on paper,
Scraped the carbonation idea.

But still considering bottling my cider & Sp in beer bottles.
Makes it so much more accessible in the summer and traveling than lugging wine bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

2 loads of laundry
Racked my white Niagara,
Racked some of my Brunello,
Making space for my cider.
Gave serious and researched bottling my cider in beer bottles.
Which lead me to idea of carbonating , which lead me Thinking of brewing my own beer.
Which lead to me thinking of bottling skeeter pee in beer bottles.

Sat down worked it all out on paper,
Scraped the carbonation idea.

But still considering bottling my cider & Sp in beer bottles.
Makes it so much more accessible in the summer and traveling than lugging wine bottles.

I did that this year. Bottled a case of beer bottles with skeeter pee. It was great except a 12 oz bottle goes down way to easily...LOL

Today I bottled a batch of stout from a recipe to replicate Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. My two previous attempts at beer was not totally successful, Drinkable but not that good. I think this will be.

Gonna start a Cellar Craft Merlot (with skins) tomorrow.

Up early, already managed to rack 12 gallons of Concord and 12 gallons of Catawba. Need to evaluate what is down in the cellar and plan for combinations of needed carboys...

Since we have a heat wave (51 today, 60 tomorrow) I am putting up some holiday lights (Christmas lights as my wife calls them).

However I will not turn them on until after turky day.
But I will be the first up and on in my neighborhood.

If there is enough time I have a 1.5L & .750L bottle of barolo I need to rack and maybe bottle.

Latest posts

Back