What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last day at GE, but its nice to have a healthy severance. This allows me some paid time to work in the winery.

2 wine shows this weekend, with my wife doing one and my son and I, assisted by Julie and Mike doing the other. I need juice so bad that I can taste it......

Got that 10 am call that I just so love, this time from the middle school nurse. Turns out diabetic #2 is working on the stomach flu (along with about 50 of his friends according to the nurse). Just love having five sources of germs every year (3 schools, two workplaces).

So, I'm at home, he's doing well, did get some carbs in him (you let him eat then give him insulin, a little backwards but that way if the carbs quickly exit his body, he doesn't go low). Found 100 or so roma tomatoes in the basement (I collect them until I have enough for a small batch of sauce), so I think I may open a bottle of wine, make a batch of sauce (pizza sauce this time), then open another bottle of wine.

At least he got sick on a Friday. Some at my work place kinda did a "yea, right, Son gets sick on a sunny Friday, uhuh, right...".

It's my final version of the story, and that's that.

9-9-16_making-sauce.jpg

Last edited:
Got that 10 am call that I just so love, this time from the middle school nurse. Turns out diabetic #2 is working on the stomach flu (along with about 50 of his friends according to the nurse). Just love having five sources of germs every year (3 schools, two workplaces).

So, I'm at home, he's doing well, did get some carbs in him (you let him eat then give him insulin, a little backwards but that way if the carbs quickly exit his body, he doesn't go low). Found 100 or so roma tomatoes in the basement (I collect them until I have enough for a small batch of sauce), so I think I may open a bottle of wine, make a batch of sauce (pizza sauce this time), then open another bottle of wine.

At least he got sick on a Friday. Some at my work place kinda did a "yea, right, Son gets sick on a sunny Friday, uhuh, right...".

It's my final version of the story, and that's that.

Looks like some folks only drink the best.:h

Had a great time helping Hokapsig at the Wine Tine. I am still laughing that you sold out of Lemon Kiss within the first hour! And every person after that asked for it! Awesome time and we are ready to do it again!

8 mile run this morning (4 weeks to go until the Army Ten Miler). Church, some blending in the winery, then:

Watch-the-giants-online.gif

Update: due to our youngest having some "gastrointestinal issues" overnight, we decided to play it safe and skip church. Winery chores (blending of the 2015 wines) were done early and I have a chance to watch the Nats game. After the two 'big blends' were done, I mixed up a hodge-podge of roughly 1.25 gallons each of Cab and Syrah, with the remainder of the 3 gallon franken-wine being some Petite Sirah and about 3/4 of a bottle of the 2014 Amador Zin. Been slowly sipping on that remaining glass of zin for the last hour and a half. She's a spicy little number, but rather enjoyable. Should bring a nice 'zing' to the blend - we'll see. Got some boneless, skinless thighs and breasts marinating for dinner and working on coming up with some sides. Going upstairs to throw on the Giants jersey shortly.

Had a great time helping Hokapsig at the Wine Tine. I am still laughing that you sold out of Lemon Kiss within the first hour! And every person after that asked for it! Awesome time and we are ready to do it again!

Very much thanks for the help. We couldn't have been as successful as we were without you. I'm STILL getting calls and texts for some Kiss. We went to the Renaissance Festival and had another one of our customers see us there and put in an order for 3 more bottles.

We are at our alma mater this weekend to sell wine.

Picked up more Super Ferment at the LHBS, racking 18 gallons of Pee, and since our freezer went, I have about 100 pounds of crab apples to mash and press. I also have 5 gallons of Tropical Mango Rain to bottle, along with 30+ gallons of Seyval. I will be busy this week.

Racked my muscato/malvasia bianca blend to secondary, SG was at 1.010. Probably press my syrah tomorrow if SG is around the same.

I start my beginners adult tap dancing class tonight. Class actually started last week but I only signed up yesterday. My wife is taking it as well and I talked on of my co-workers into joining also. Should be a fun time as long as I don't end up in the hospital. LOL

racked 2 batches of pee and started 2 more batches. Since our freezer went, I have to mash and press all the crab apples which have been frozen for a year or 2. I'll need to chat with Dan to see if he can give me some pointers.....

final racking and filtering of 3 batches of pee and bottling tonight. Wine show at our alma mater tomorrow.

Off to see Doug on Sunday to press the crab apples.

Latest posts

Back