What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got two Chinese algae eaters, by the pictures you can see why I might be able to use their services..

Okay, less than two weeks later, a before and after picture. Best $2.12 I ever spent. I did not scrape or do anything other than siphon off a bunch of green goop they left in a pile on the bottom of the tank. Isn't perfect but soon I'm gonna be worried about what to feed them. I have some vegetable flakes but I've used them in the past with mixed results. Guess I could leave the lights on a bit longer. I'm still rather amazed.

6-11-16_fishes.jpg

6-23-16_fishes.jpg

Nice. I've had a few different fish tanks. All fresh water. From 25 gallon to 125 gallons tanks.

I've never had Chinese Algae Eaters before though. They can get over six inches and I heard they can be come aggressive towards other fish. Do you plan on adding other fish? (they are aggressive to their own kind too)

I also heard that if you start feeding them fish food, they will ignore algae. Then again, if you don't. They may starve. :h

Last edited:
Nice. I've had a few different fish tanks. All fresh water. From 25 gallon to 125 gallons tanks.

I've never had Chinese Algae Eaters before though. They can get over six inches and I heard they can be come aggressive towards other fish. Do you plan on adding other fish?

I also heard that if you start feeding them fish food, they will ignore algae. Then again, if you don't. They may starve. :h

I have neons from an earlier era (before flukes got all but three of them and a ton of other fish, mostly tetras) that have reproduced, I think there are nine in there now. The algae eaters do chase them around a bit, but the algae eaters are like 747's and the neons like F-18's, they have no problems keeping their distance.

If the algae eaters get 6 inches long you will see them in the "What's for dinner" post as sushi.

6-23-16_neons.jpg

Last edited:
I have neons from an earlier era (before flukes got all but three of them and a ton of other fish, mostly tetras) that have reproduced, I think there are nine in there now. The algae eaters do chase them around a bit, but the algae eaters are like 747's and the neons like F-18's, they have no problems keeping their distance.

If the algae eaters get 6 inches long you will see them in the "What's for dinner" post as sushi.

I used to have two Oscars and two Pictus cats. One Oscar killed the other and one of the Pictus cats. (the black killed the Albino Oscar)

As for the other Pictus, the Oscar tried to beat on him and for the most part couldn't. What was funny though, is my other Pictus would get tried of him and then all the sudden the next day the Oscar would have missing scales all over him and he would keep his distance from the Pictus for a while. :)

I only saw the Pictus attack him once though and he would just dart and plow right into his side and the Oscar would swim funny after that. Usually after you saw him beaten and battered. The Oscar would leave him alone for a couple of weeks before it started up again.

When we were in grade school, my brother and I each bought a red piranha and had them in a 30 gallon tank, which of course was about 100 gallons too small. We went away on vacation, left them with some food (usually goldfish) and when we got back mine had most of the dorsal part of his body missing. I eventually took him (my brothers) to college (my brother was in grad school then medical school) and he was quite the hit, we named him Mojo. Friday night everyone would crowd into our room with their drink of choice and I'd feed him one or two small goldfish. I'd try and get two really different goldfish and we'd take bets as to which one he'd attack first, whether it was a frontal attack or from behind, whether eyes were gouged out (his favorite maneuver)... I know, should have been studying more.

When we were in grade school, my brother and I each bought a red piranha and had them in a 30 gallon tank, which of course was about 100 gallons too small. We went away on vacation, left them with some food (usually goldfish) and when we got back mine had most of the dorsal part of his body missing. I eventually took him (my brothers) to college (my brother was in grad school then medical school) and he was quite the hit, we named him Mojo. Friday night everyone would crowd into our room with their drink of choice and I'd feed him one or two small goldfish. I'd try and get two really different goldfish and we'd take bets as to which one he'd attack first, whether it was a frontal attack or from behind, whether eyes were gouged out (his favorite maneuver)... I know, should have been studying more.

Reminds me: one of my college roommates had a red eared slider (turtle). One of our favorite pastimes was was watching him eat goldfish. He'd grab 'em in his mouth by the tail, then rip their heads off from the gills forward with his claws. Food chain!!!

FRIDAY!

got my deck sqeeky clean. got a 2014 merlot in my glass, and "upstairs/downstairs" on my tablet...

helllllo weekend!

I just googled upstairs/downstairs. This is a TV show? I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but I did happen across a TV show on Netflix called Hell on Wheels. A western and I didn't think it would be that good, but I started watching the first few episodes and then all the sudden I was dead tired at work the next day! :)

I'm I don't know maybe 8-9 episodes in now and I'm liking it. I had never heard of upstairs/downstairs.

We are camping this weekend Thompsons lake campground near Albsny NYImageUploadedByWine Making1466810280.143121.jpg
Pre dinner campfire little Dark n Stormy with appetizer.

Tonight's menu will be grilled sausage n peppers

Steve

I just googled upstairs/downstairs. This is a TV show? I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but I did happen across a TV show on Netflix called Hell on Wheels. A western and I didn't think it would be that good, but I started watching the first few episodes and then all the sudden I was dead tired at work the next day! :)

I'm I don't know maybe 8-9 episodes in now and I'm liking it. I had never heard of upstairs/downstairs.

Rotflmao!!!

man, you made my night!

I have seen that on Netflix just not watched yet. So you @ dcbrown73 you binged watched!

Steve

I have seen that on Netflix just not watched yet. So you @ dcbrown73 you binged watched!

Steve

Yep, when I do watch something. I generally binge watch it. I can rip through Star Trek like nobody's business. :h

Latest posts

Back