What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deliverd my daughter back to college and now that we're home, I've washed some filling equipment and a carboy. Getting ready to get the bottles out of sanitizing solution and on to the bottle tree. I'd like to start a couple more batches of cran pom wine, but lost Julie's recipe. ARGH....

Racked and degassed with food saver WE SI Aussie Petite Verdot, RJS Aussie Shiraz Cru Select Aussie Shiraz and a Showcase Walla Walla Cab Merlot. Also degassed a Homewinery Elderberry. That stuff is the gassiest batch I have ever had. Had to discontinue because my old food saver was getting hot. I'll double rack and degass tomorrow using the AIO.

Racked my cabernet sauvignon and zinfandel after pulling each out of my refrigerator. They were both cold stabilized. I am always amazed at how much stuff (tartrates) fall out. Also ranked my Norton and skeeter pee. Tasted a blueberry melomel, I was a bit surprised how little honey taste it has now. I suppose that will return after I backsweeten.

racked 5 gallons of apple/mango wine, added some oak water, got, carried away with tasting it ;-) but, did manage to get 2 gallons of apple/raspberry going too.

Ive got 3 gallons of other various wines to rack, but, its going to have to wait.

well these last few months I've been lazy with my wine notes, leaving them on bits of paper. I usually keep them in a binder nice and neat. So needless to say, today I finally got...:)

GetAttachment.jpg

Just made arrangements for a stretch limo to pick up my 8 y/o and her friends and take them to her birthday party next month...she'll be so excited....

What I am doing

I picked up 6 cases of used bottles from a Wine Cellar . Now get this , 3 cases for $10.00 U.S. Dollars. I bought all they had and will go back tomorrow (Friday) to buy some more. Making DD's Dragon Blood.

Gonna start a chardonnay and a pinot grigio with concentrate from Home Winery Supply today.

getting pictures printed for the PLCB license and hope to start a couple of batches of cranberry pomegranate. The winery needs cleaned up to recieve the 9 flex tanks and more cases of bottles that we have coming in....

Arrived in Canaan Valley, WV a little bit ago. Enjoying a Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout right now. Out to dinner shortly, then to bed so we can hit the mountain early in the AM. Can't wait to get on the snowboard!

Latest posts

Back