What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking two classes at Uni this term in the evenings on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Yesterday/Today going like this:
5:30 a.m. wake up, gets kids ready for daycare, etc.
7:30 a.m. hubby drops me and the kids at daycare and I get them in
8:00 a.m. start work
12:00 p.m. practice my solo for Sunday in the new Uni conservatory
1:00 p.m. back to work
4:30 p.m. sign off at work
4:31 p.m. sign on to WMT while eating supper at my desk
6:00 p.m. start class
9:00 p.m. end class & hop the bus home
9:30 p.m. get home and start homework
10:30 p.m. crawl into bed

I'm tired.

I'm taking two classes at Uni this term in the evenings on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Yesterday/Today going like this:
5:30 a.m. wake up, gets kids ready for daycare, etc.
7:30 a.m. hubby drops me and the kids at daycare and I get them in
8:00 a.m. start work
12:00 p.m. practice my solo for Sunday in the new Uni conservatory
1:00 p.m. back to work
4:30 p.m. sign off at work
4:31 p.m. sign on to WMT while eating supper at my desk
6:00 p.m. start class
9:00 p.m. end class & hop the bus home
9:30 p.m. get home and start homework
10:30 p.m. crawl into bed

I'm tired.

I think you missed the potty break.

Boy do I remember those days at getting a degree, working a full time job, being a full time Mom and going to all of the children's function!

Good Luck Ray_way, it will be worth it in the end.

Dan: wait...you get to have potty breaks!?! Sign me up!!

Julie: thanks for the empathy. I'm not really complaining, just trying to figure out how to juggle everything. How did you manage?

I met up with another local winemaker and purchased a grape crusher. Wish it were a crusher destemmer but this will work fine for my needs. It only had about 100 lbs of grapes run through it.

I certainly hope so. Seeing thst I dont do alot of grapes, I think this should work well. Besides, I've never been one to not purchase something that will save me time.

Lol, it sure beats the 4x4!

Today I continue writing article for the website of a wine, spirit and beer magazine "Drink Me". It's my first crack and writing for a magazine after writing blogs and website articles for a while, so exciting stuff!

Focusing on everything from "Best Cali Zins" to the "Weirdest Wine Bottles on the Planet", really enjoying myself!

:D

Today I continue writing article for the website of a wine, spirit and beer magazine "Drink Me". It's my first crack and writing for a magazine after writing blogs and website articles for a while, so exciting stuff!

Focusing on everything from "Best Cali Zins" to the "Weirdest Wine Bottles on the Planet", really enjoying myself!

:D

You should consider writing something for this forum. Look it up.

Summer is officially over, cold & rainy day. Low to mid 50's.

So I am stuck inside and will have to close my pool tomorrow or next weekend.

Today I have to take my little girl to the store and get her pants as it is getting too chilly for her to continue to wear shorts.
I also don't want to be that parent that is sending his 4 year old to school wearing shorts in December.

I am going to start a WE Selection Brunello, so it will be ready for next fall.

Have to move my vinegar inside since the garage is getting to cold at night. However that means I will have to find a spot that is almost opposite of where I make my wine. Either a closet or liquor cabinet. For a simple experience this is becoming a chore!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am back sweetening and bottling my blackberry wine today. Julie gave me multiple hints along the way. The wine taste great. Thanks Julie.

I am also racking wine expert Shiraz Cabernet blend and measuring sulfite levels in several other bulk aging wines.

I am back sweetening and bottling my blackberry wine today. Julie gave me multiple hints along the way. The wine taste great. Thanks Julie.

I am also racking wine expert Shiraz Cabernet blend and measuring sulfite levels in several other bulk aging wines.

Let me know how that WE Shiraz/cab is.
I have been eyeing one of those kits!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I picked up the peaches today starting my batch of peach wine tomorrow. Racking the blueberry as well. Today the wife and I are going to the annual Oktoberfest.

1410638580958.jpg

1410638597956.jpg

I took my wife out for an early birthday lunch at Luva Bella's and picked up 11 buckets of juice while we were there. I managed to get all of the buckets down into the basement but it gets harder to do every time I have to do it. I'm either going to have to rig up a transfer pump or move the winery out into my garage. Those buckets are heavy and I needed a nap after lugging them all down to the basement.

I took my wife out for an early birthday lunch at Luva Bella's and picked up 11 buckets of juice while we were there. I managed to get all of the buckets down into the basement but it gets harder to do every time I have to do it. I'm either going to have to rig up a transfer pump or move the winery out into my garage. Those buckets are heavy and I needed a nap after lugging them all down to the basement.

No kidding!!!! I'm right there with you buddy, and they call this "an old man's hobby"!

Back