What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting one of the babies to bed

Racked my Milk Chocolate Strawberry Port so I can put it back with her brothers and sisters to sleep for awhile. Did a sneak taste and you can smell and taste the strawberry and chocolate....even my husband was impressed. Shouldn't be to bad for a $63.00 kit. Only time will tell

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

That sounds really tasty. I just looked it up on Amazon (oops, meant Ebay)
and they want $177.00 for that kit.
Guess I won't be buying it today. :slp
Shelly, I am assuming it's a Diamanti kit?

Last edited:
That sounds really tasty. I just looked it up on Amazon (oops, meant Ebay)
and they want $177.00 for that kit.
Guess I won't be buying it today. :slp
Shelly, I am assuming it's a Diamanti kit?

Yes it is. I got this one and the Dark Chocolate Orange, though I haven't started it yet. I got each kit for 63.00 a piece. Wonder why they changed the price?

Probably the expiration date was getting close...just a guess. I've bought and made kits that had expired by a few months and they have been ok.

Just watched this video on How wine flavor is measured.
How many own a Mass Spectrometer....raise your hands???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lr7Nca-Iro&index=50&list=SP858D7F6122259E1A[/ame]

I'll bet Dan (Runningwolf) has one!

Just watched this video on How wine flavor is measured.
How many own a Mass Spectrometer....raise your hands???

Umm, I do!
raise%20hand.jpg

With all of the Chemists on this forum I wouldn't be surprised if those of us who don't are in the minority.

Finally made it into the Cellar for some wine work over the weekend. Between Saturday and Sunday I racked 126 gallons of wine to clean carboys. I need to transfer the pee from the bucket to a carboy, maybe that will happen at lunch time today. After finishing up in the cellar on Sunday we made some really nice thick juicy steaks. Some companny came over annd we played the boardgame Quelf and polished off 4 bottles of Noble Muscadine...annd a bottle of Bronze Muscadine. It was a long over due night of relaxing with friends and family...

That sounds like a perfect balance between a day of accomplishment and R&R with friends!

agree with julie, be yourself, and they want pick you to be on a jury.
lol././///hey and enjoy all that money you making today....

Well, you can probably pick up a working used GC-Mass Spec for around $50,000 or so. That's not too bad. I'm actually about to place an order at work for two high resolution instruments - a MALDI-Mass Spectrometer (matrix assisted laser desorption ionization) and a HPLC-EI Mass Spectrometer. (High Performance Liquid Chromatography - electrospray ionization). Total cost is ~$650,000. I'm wondering why everyone doesn't buy one for their basement! ;)

This is exactly what I have been doing for 32 years now all of it in analytical chemistry in both industry and for the last 28 years for a National Laboratory….

Fun stuff for sure! :sm

I also wish I was a little bit of a chemist. I don't know of anyone who owns one of these.

Latest posts

Back