What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, I know you are done with this counsel stuff but are you really going to stop going to the meetings?

I still intend on attending the meetings, however at that point I won't feel bad if I miss one. I think in the 4 years I was on council I missed 2 meetings. One was when my son came home from overseas, and the other was when my nephew passed away.

Man am I ready for my luck to change! Within a two week period, my Father passed away, a co-worker lost her father-in-law, my wife fell and sprained her ankle and now has to have therapy 3 times a week, a former employee passed and now one of my grandchildren suffered severe burns and is in Children's Hospital, Akron, Ohio in the burn unit. I really don't know how much more we can take!

Man am I ready for my luck to change! Within a two week period, my Father passed away, a co-worker lost her father-in-law, my wife fell and sprained her ankle and now has to have therapy 3 times a week, a former employee passed and now one of my grandchildren suffered severe burns and is in Children's Hospital, Akron, Ohio in the burn unit. I really don't know how much more we can take!

Dear Lord! I am so sorry for your loss and everything else and your poor grandchild how did that happen? You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Phil!

Phil I'm so sorry to hear all of this, as you know I've been following each incident. That poor child, I don't even know what to say except you're all in our thoughts and prayers.

What an opportunity lost!! A buddy just called me and said a friend of his got stopped and needs to dump a ton of concord and catawba first thing in the morning as he is over loaded and crossing state lines. If only I had the time and a press at home. I have neither and had to pass. They would have cost next to nothing.

Ok, quick question. I added apple cider to my apple wine today. I already topped up once with water and the flavours where getting pretty weak. I want the new stuff to ferment and I'm pretty sure the yeast is still kicking. I've already added some peptic enzyme. My question is should I add some yeast nutrient to help get things going?

Just got done bottling #7 batch of AG beer, a Hoptimum clone that came out 100%!!, Now that I'm knee deep in wine, I have to get the last of the beer bottled!!!

Totally exhausted from work today. LEaving Friday for a week in the sun. Hope no one thinks I am a dying whale and tries to roll me back into the water....

But we will be purchasing some Key Lime wine and some Muscadine. I need the break, but half way through, I have to fly ot Altanta for a business meeting.

What an opportunity lost!! A buddy just called me and said a friend of his got stopped and needs to dump a ton of concord and catawba first thing in the morning as he is over loaded and crossing state lines. If only I had the time and a press at home. I have neither and had to pass. They would have cost next to nothing.

Double-ton D'oh! :slp

Picking up Some Washington State Cab Sav today....then the chore of manually destemming, going to put my mother and son to work today...muhahahahahaha!

My goals for today are to scrub down the boat and plug in the trolling motor in hopes we can go fishing Saturday, steam clean the living room carpet, make some beaded wine glasses and rack the Black Currant wine.

Worked from home today and did a tour of the fire station for our local Day care center. Just finished up rinsing and adding kmeta to 14 buckets for tomorrows trip o Northeast PA, Picking up grape juice from PIWINE for myself and Bill, then heading to Arundel Cellars to get unpasteurized cider, hitting Mobilla for some bulk cherry juice and hopefully Burch Hill Farms for their corn maze and scavenger hunt. Going to be a busy day with probably 12-13 buckets getting filled with juice.

Time to start racking the Juice buckets fermented on top of some of the best Sangiovese grapes that I've seen in yrs and starting MLF.

Worked from home today and did a tour of the fire station for our local Day care center. Just finished up rinsing and adding kmeta to 14 buckets for tomorrows trip o Northeast PA, Picking up grape juice from PIWINE for myself and Bill, then heading to Arundel Cellars to get unpasteurized cider, hitting Mobilla for some bulk cherry juice and hopefully Burch Hill Farms for their corn maze and scavenger hunt. Going to be a busy day with probably 12-13 buckets getting filled with juice.

Doug as always I look forward to seeing the family. Stop at Arundel first and ask Lauri for a qt of cider for me. Also interested in hearing about the cherry juice and cost. I'm sure you know it but if you get of at the last exit in PA just before the NY line you'll be real close to Mobilia and Arundel then you can work your way back to me and Birch farms.

Doug as always I look forward to seeing the family. Stop at Arundel first and ask Lauri for a qt of cider for me. Also interested in hearing about the cherry juice and cost. I'm sure you know it but if you get of at the last exit in PA just before the NY line you'll be real close to Mobilia and Arundel then you can work your way back to me and Birch farms.

Wil do Dan. That was going to be my plan. Start at Mobilla and work our way back.

Call me weird, but I find putting together IKEA furniture almost therapeutic. Give me IKEA furniture and a bottle of wine and I am a happy man. Don't judge me. ;)

never a dull moment

So we fly from Latrobe to Orlando for a much needed vacation, however,on the way down, a child started to choke on a piece of candy as big as a tennis ball, but was still crying and coughing. Being an instructor in first aid and CPR, I know that as long as the child is still crying and coughing, she will probably cough up the candy. But the mother paniced and started yelling for someone to do CPR. I merely looked up from ready my "Wineries for Dummys" book and said to let her cough it up. She did and puked all over the guy in the seat behind her.

Nothing like a flight and a floor show....

Adjusted the TA of my Yakima Valley Cab Sav, it is still cold soaking, I'll bring it back to temp on Monday and pitch the yeast.
I'll be racking the Brunello, Valpolicella and Montepulciano and pitching the MLB on Monday as well.
Going to plan on pressing the Sangiovese on Monday or Tuesday depending on if all the planets line up correctly, and starting my second run trial.
This is almost too much fun for one person!

Latest posts

Back