What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up 5 gallons of Apple Cherry and 3 gallons of Sweet Cherry juice. I've been getting some good reviews on the Sweet Apple Cherry, so let's see if I can replicate the previous batch.

We need to bottle as all the carboys are taken up and I have a Carmenare and a Moscat still in the buckets already fermented.....

Added sparkaloid to the Mojito Skeeter Pee Tuesday afterwork. Just about crystal clear last night. Will rack off lees over weekend and filter. Hoping to have this ready for the 4th of July.

My first attempt at beer making. Dead Ringer IPA. Initial impression is that it is like wine making but messy and stinky. Watching a boil pot for an hour is kind of a pain. next up is WE selection Tempranillo w/ skins. (My 3rd kit.)

image-3080060796.jpg

johngg123,
I have about 20 batches of beer under my belt at this point, I was brewing like a mad man while I waited for Chilean grape season, I have it down to 5-6 hrs from start to finish, which includes brew kettle and mash tun cleaned and put away. It is a lot of fun to create your own recipes.

Ok, so what did I do today...hmmm...packed a ton of orders and shipped them out...got to love it when no one shows up for work.... took care of maters, peppers, Hops, and various herbs and spices that I have growing, made Dinner, tilled my entire garden....made my mother sit through "The little Shop of Horrors"....lmao, she laughed through it.

Working from home today. Good thing. At 2:27 this am my Amazon parrrod decided it was her time to go. She went peacefully in my arms. I'll be burrying her at some point today.

My first attempt at beer making. Dead Ringer IPA. Initial impression is that it is like wine making but messy and stinky. Watching a boil pot for an hour is kind of a pain. next up is WE selection Tempranillo w/ skins. (My 3rd kit.)

I enjoy brewing but it is more work up front. I tell friends that it takes about as much time as wine, but concentrated over fewer calendar days.

My 1 gallon Caribou Slobber kit arrived yesterday, but I still have to make my Brooklyn Brewing Wheat (which I'll add blueberry to), and Bourbon Dubbel.

Good morning winemakers. Today I'm heading out to visit some of the wineries in southwest Michigan. I already have four cases of research samples from the Leelenau and Old Mission Peninsula in the car, so I don't have room for too much more. Fortunately there are fewer wineries down here.

Washed 3 cases of bottles in prep for a bottling run this weekend. I actually think the bottling will take less time than the washing, LOL.

I went fishing today and was skunked by my beautiful bride! She caught two bonnet head sharks and I caught nothing!

942047_371834076251688_1900984729_n.jpg

Returned from 3 days camping in Shenandoah Nat'l Park. Great times and the Dragon Blood and Eclipse Sauv Blanc I brought were very well received. As an added bonus, my oldest saw his first "in the wild" snake and black bear. No harm to animals or people, so all is well. :D He still says his favorite part of the trip was eating S'mores though. Go figure. :)

Today,moved the lawn,
bought ingredients for 2nd batch of DB
jumped in the pool
put my batch of organic apple into secondary.
back in the pool
Drank a bottle of unfiltered pee/cherry/raspberry by the pool
grilled steaks
back in the pool
took trash out
did 4 loads of laundry

now going to veg hard on couch!

Trying to unwind from my daughters wedding yesterday. We had it at a vinyard in N. H. Weather was perfect ! Great time for everybody. I also had made the wine for the favors. Bakervinyard

Yesterday I tore down and replaced 33' for wooden fencing. Old fence was installed 16 years ago and was untreated hemlock. Old fence post were from an old chain link fence that was there. Had to dig new post holes which was a real treat since there were roots from 2 trees in the area. Fence was completed 7 hours after starting. It was entiely too long out in the heat. I was wiped out.

Tonight I need to transfer the 2 wine kits that were started last weekend. Both are at or below 1.000 as of Saturday night.

Two more Orchard Breezin kits started

Last night we started the Watermelon White Merlot and this morning the Black Cherry Pinot Noir. We added 4 lbs of inverted sugar and had OG'S of 1.082 and 1.078 respectively.
We have found doing two wines at one time actually saves us time because half the time is spent cleaning bottles and racking. We sanitize the bottles the day before racking. Will start de-labeling and washing 65 bottles today. We always do a few extra because it is a real pain to stop in the middle of bottling and sanitize a few more bottles if one is short on bottles that are ready.

Latest posts

Back