What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I did last night was make my very first wine volcano while doing step ?3? I think, kmeta, sorbate, degass, fine . When I was using a cordless and mixer thing, not a whip but mixer, kmeta and sorbate it just went off after a couple minutes of little activity, musta hit the right tune. It was easy and fun you guys really need to give it a try.

Today I did my first acid test and I'm positive something is wrong cause I used 13cc on a test of 15ml of SP, maybe even higher, I stopped adding because I wasn't sure if it changed or not. Probably just bad chemicals right, no way this stuff is 1.2-3%. The skeeter pee is very bitter all the way at the end, could be yet another dump batch.

I am celebrating my new found friend. A friend of one of my sons asked me if I would make him some blackberry wine. He has lots & lots of blackberries and is going to bring me several buckets of them. I asked how many bottled he wants to get and said about 15 and I can have the rest. :hug

After getting home from NJ, I shuffled off to Buffalo for a quick audit. I'll finish that up tomorrow and scoot home (waving to Dan in Meadville on the way past). My Black & Blue berry was still hanging on with a slow ferment and the Dragon Blood Pee was still slowly fermenting. The Cab Franc Ice wine needs stabilized and f packed. The Tempernillo and Malbec need bottled and the Plum, Peach and chocolate cherry needs racked. It will be a busy Friday and Saturday....

Bottled my CRP last night and got my first taste, boy is this stuff good. It's only been aging for 6 months, can't wait to try it at 1 year. The brandy I put in worked out great!

I am celebrating my new found friend. A friend of one of my sons asked me if I would make him some blackberry wine. He has lots & lots of blackberries and is going to bring me several buckets of them. I asked how many bottled he wants to get and said about 15 and I can have the rest. :hug

Really cool. I need to find a friend like that....LOL

Getting ready to leave tomorow morning on a 2 day canoe/fishing trip on the Allegheny river in northwestern PA.

ok, I washed my flashdrive and I am terrified to plug it into my compuer. Has anyone else done this? Do you think it is ok to use? I have SOOOOOOOOO much work on this drive.

Is it still wet? If so, I would let it dry out for quite a while. It should be the same as getting any other electronic device wet. After it has dried out for a while, it should be fine to plug into your computer. Just hope that the spin cycle didn't corrupt the files. They won't work if corrupted, but it shouldn't harm the computer.

I know a few people that put water logged phones into dry rice and they worked perfect after a few days, it could cause long term damage from corrosion or deposits so get the info of off when you can. Good luck.

Starting another kit tonight, and maybe some dragon blood. Can't decide on the kit though. I have CC Sterling Merlot and Syrah, as well as a Red Mtn Trio. Will probably do the Merlot, as I need some that will be drinkable earlier.

Just re-racked-degassed-added fining agents to my Cherlemon (Cherry-Lemon) Skeeter Pee. Looks good! I can't wait to backsweeten it and drink it all up.

Last edited:
Spent the day on the beach. I look like a lobster. Last full day of vacation is tomorrow. In 3 days, my first batch of SP will be starting!!!!!

Enjoying my vacation. Sitting in Deadwood, SD. Just had a small shower here and now I'm off to pick up a cigar and play some poker. Had some good local fruit wines since I have been here.
:sm

The Three B's this weekend! Ended up doing a lot of Bottling (Merlot & Blackberry from Walker's, Cab. Sauv from Italian Juice, Valpolicella from a kit), Blending (Cab Sauv, Merlot and Blackberry.....yummmm!) and Backsweetening(Plum Berry & Cherry from Walkers, Elderberries from dried berries). Spent the really hot weekend in a nice cool basement. Next month will be another round of bottling all the wines I just backsweetened, and a chocolate strawberry port. I offered my hubby a sip of the blackberry to try...........he drank the whole glass, in under a minute.

Drove back from vacation. :'( My first batch of SP will be started in 2 days!! Got to clean my equipment and get the lemon juice and sugar. Found out that my neighbor's co worker was just approved by the government to start his own distillery. Going to be named East Tennessee Distillery I believe.

I racked my Oaked Muscadine from a 5 gallon to a 3 and 2 - 2 gallon carboys. I'm hoping to bottle a gallon and take a sample to Julie's in the event we make it Saturday. I sampled some today and the oak was not as prominent as it tasted earlier. Still very good but not as prominent.

Hope everyone has a Happy and SAFE July 4th. Happy Birthday U.S.A. Be extra careful with the fireworks, it's aweful dry this year, don't want to hear that someone burned their house down with fireworks. We had that happen to a garage 2 years ago, although, the homeowner insisted they weren't setting off fireworks despite the empty tube cake beside the garage. Oh well. Sometimes the obvious isn't obvious.

On my way to the store to pick up the supplies to start my first batch today! . I'm sure that I'll have plenty of questions as the process gets going.

going over to folks' house after work tonight to whip up a batch of sangria for tomorrow's bbq....gonna use some of my peach/berry pee and strawberry margarita in it as well as all the traditional additions....were playing with this combination in individuals glasses on easter, adding frozen fruit and suchthis should be some killer stuff.....happy july 4th everyone.....god bless the u.s.a...

Latest posts

Back