What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with everything Ken, Kids need a caring environment when they are growing up. You and your GF deserve for everything to go in your favor. Not many people would be willing to step up and take the responsibility the 2 of you have agreed to.

thank you, doug....home visit is now complete....seems to have gone well.....just waiting now for approval by case worker's supervisor....if approved, it sounds like we'll have 2 little ones in the house by the end of the week....so for the time being, we just play the waiting game....one again, thank everyone for the well wishes and positive support,,,,:b

Ken, what can I say but you and your gf are real gems! I wish the two of you and the children the best of luck. I look forward to follow up posts and pictures if all works out for you guys.

Ken, what can I say but you and your gf are real gems! I wish the two of you and the children the best of luck. I look forward to follow up posts and pictures if all works out for you guys.

dan, thank you very much....we just figure these 2 deserve as much of a chance as anyone at having a normal, stabile, loving family/home life, and if all goes well, you bet i will keep updating and post pictures (if i can ever figure out how to get them to be in the right direction and not sideways...lol...)....and apparently i guess the mother and father have already had so much opportunity to get their act together, and have failed, i guess they now only have about 3 months left to do so, at which time, the children's attorney will seek stripping the parents of their rights, and the boys actually going up for adoption...currently "the system", is working on concurrent plans seeing as how their first choice is reunification, but considering the parents track record, it's not looking so good for them...so while "the system" is working on that, they are also going to get prepared, and prepare us, for the adoption process...we have basically been told by the case worker, not to worry about finishing up the foster care paperwork right now as they expect us to be filling out the adoption work soon enough....like i said, though, all of this hinges on the supervisor's approval after yesterday's visit, but the signs are all good...ans as i mentioned, if approved, they are looking to have the boys in our home by the end of the week...quite the father's day gift, huh???....lol...

A local orchard was having a pig roast for their 100th anniversary, so we decided to go. We ended up sitting with and chatting with another couple.............that just so happened to also make wine! It was nice! I had never met any other local home winemakers before.......they just planted their own grape vines, but haven't made wine from fresh grapes yet, only buckets of juice, but they have been doing it for a long time.

Today was a family filled fun day. We started the day at the Pittsburgh Zoo for 3 hours. After that we had a B day party at Jump Zone. Came home had a glasss of wine and at 9:00 my kids and wife surprised me with an MP15 Sport. I officially have me an EBR, Thats an EVIL BLACK RIFLE, for those who don't know. Noto trick it out to accept the future accesories.. ZOMBIES, I'm ready......PICS to follow.

Working. . Then off to the pool with the kids tomorrow. This time next week, we'll be on our way to Tybee Island for a week of sun, fun, and not doing a dang thing!!! I can't wait!!! Once we get back, the first batch of SP goes into the primary. I don't know which one excites me more. The vacation or getting my wine making career started. I tell the wife it is the vacation. Keeps me out of the doghouse. My dog doesn't like me being there. Lol

Ken, I wish you and the misses all the luck and massive prayers going out to you guys. It takes a tremendous person to to do what you two are doing. My stepson's father hasn't had any contact with him in 11 years. I hope everything works out for your growing family.

Family weekend in Newton, Kansas. Does anyone know of a winery near here?

Was going to rack and add Super Klear to the two carboys of Catawba. But no lees at all, so I just added the first part (d1) of Super Klear and stirred it. This afternoon will add second part (d2). So far so good. Six hours later I added the second part (d2). One of the carboys of Catawba has already cleared. But both carboys have lees on the bottom now. The clearer one has more. And right now we're enjoy a bottle of Diamond wine my neighbor made. Really Nice. 8)

Last edited:
Yes even today I've got wine on my mind. Today I started a gal batch of Cherry wine from a cheap kit I purchased. Since the kit had a powdered cherry fruit pack, I melted it in warm water and added a small jar-F-pack of Cherry Smuckers preserves . My intentions is to use the yeast slurry for a 6 gal batch of Skeeter Pee.

Last edited:
Pitched the yeast for my Black and Blue Special (blackberry and blueberry blend). I cranked up the SG to 1.088 and in no time at all the bubble on the air lick had moved to the side. I'm thinking I will need to toss in a banana for some body when I get home in 2 days.

I went and picked up the rest of the equipment I need to make wine and SP. I would like to get the pee started before I leave for vacation, but I don't want to leave it idle for that long. I would hate for the fermentation to stop the day after we leave and it sit there until we get back. Decisions, decisions.

It's a hot one out there today. Heading to the range around 2:00 to sight in my new AR15 that I got for fathers day. After that I'll pick up my daughter then come home and relax in the pool. Dinner is going to be Barbeque Chicken. Yummmmm

And I felt special getting an iPad :)

Is ammo still crazy expensive, last time I got bulk 7.62 it was up like 4x.

Ammo definately is crazy expensive. 100 rounds for $34.00 at walmart. My son picked up an 800 round tin of Tula ammo for $129 at Gander Mountain. He got the last one. They still had the 7.62 about 10 tins. I have about 500-600 rounds of that for the SKS at home still. Had a great time yesterday afternoon, we went through about 300 or so rounds in total.

Went to my councelor and told him of my last md visit. I told him my cancer has spread in to my bones

Latest posts

Back