What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarah what did you get at Presque Isle? Did you ask for a tour? Sorry This was my only day off. I am hoping to hit Walkers next weekend for some Diamond and Valvin Muscat. I'll have more time now that Harvest is officially over.

We didn't end up asking for a tour at Presque Isle, it was towards the end of the day when we got there, we were getting tired (and hungry) at that point. We were headed West and that was our last stop before heading to my brother's. Maybe next time I head out that way it'll be a day you are there and be able to get a tour then! I did sign the e-mail list in the supply store. :) Both my mom and I got a bottle of Merlot, and she also got a bottle of chambourcin. Everything we tasted was really good though! (we both love our reds). I also picked up a few things at the supply store there.

Our first stop was 21 Brix, we met Kris, he was great! He actually spent a lot of time with us during the tasting and showing us around his winery. It was a beautiful set-up and sounds like he has some big plans! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Kris is a great guy and has been instumental in helping several other wineries get started in the tri state area.

I have not tasted the finished chambourcin, but I did taste it last week when we were pressing it and liked the taste of it very much and had to buy some of the juice.

All three of those places are also on FB. Glad to hear you had a good time. What did you pick up at Walkers?

Kris is a great guy for such a young person and has been instumental in helping several other wineries get started in the tri state area.

I have not tasted the finished chambourcin, but I did taste it last week when we were pressing it and liked the taste of it very much and had to buy some of the juice.

All three of those places are also on FB. Glad to hear you had a good time. What did you pick up at Walkers?

We did have a great time! It was my first time in the area.....I'll probably go back again some other time to check out a few more of the wineries and vineyards. I was originally planning on just getting 3 pails at Walkers ......ended up getting 5! But I got the cherry, blackberry, plum, merlot and foch. I wanted to get a peach.....but the person before me bought the last 2! The suspension in my Rav is not happy with me right now! (between that and everything else in my car right now for the weekend).

I assume it was the red plum. I made that last year and at bottling 9 months later it did not taste good. I talked to another person that made it and they said the same thing but at the 2 year mark it was very good. Just a heads up. In the past I got the Blackberry/Isabella blend that was very good.

I figured I would give it a try......I like plums.....seemed like it would make a good wine!

Started another batch of apple cider yesterday. I made the same last year and it was great. I added 2 oz of heater tips and a package of sweet orange rind and it was super just a hint of each so I am doing the same this year. Also started bulk aging mr CRP today... I can't wait I bought two kits of it and I am starting my second batch sometime this week. That stuff is awesome... I had some about a month ago that was 4 years old and it just doesn't get any better than than with port... Yummmmmm:try

Was very busy this morning, racked my Black Currant, Raspberry, Merlot, and Riesling, all were down to .990 except the Black Currant which was at 1.002. Put the campden tablets to them. Of course I sampled all of them, have great expections for all of them, It's going to be a great year. Will be starting Lambrussco tomorrow, wifes favorite.
Took the wife out for fried chicken tonight, a little hole in the wall type restaurant, but really great. It's good to be home. Loren

I'm trying to catch up and get my e-mail and forum fix. That danged snow down south of us apparently knocked out the power and screwed up the Internet for us. It's back up now after 2 days and now I see George at FVW took the forum down to put on his own server! Now I need to wait more for that one. LOL. Biting my nails here waiting to get back on.

Healing! Got to be careful at those New Orleans Saints football games. I got sacked more than Drew Breeze.

attachment.php

Halloween 2011.jpg

I'm trying to catch up and get my e-mail and forum fix. That danged snow down south of us apparently knocked out the power and screwed up the Internet for us. It's back up now after 2 days and now I see George at FVW took the forum down to put on his own server! Now I need to wait more for that one. LOL. Biting my nails here waiting to get back on.

Was wondering why I couldn't get on.

WOW, you are actually home today Dan? I'm still working 7 days a week!

Randy, you really need to get that splitting headache checked out man!

I need to go home from work and carve my daughter's pumpkin with her. We just didn't have time to get it done over the weekend. After that, dinner, then trick or treating...

so glad thats over for us we don't gotta do the trick or treating with our kids anymore

WOW, you are actually home today Dan? I'm still working 7 days a week!

Rich I posted that before work. We are back to five days though.

So my game plan was to head up to Walkers after work one day this week since they are only about 20 minutes away from where I work and they just posted reduced hours as of today, now I have to wait till Saturday afternoon. Just looking for two more batches of juice this year that I have not been able to get yet.

Healing! Got to be careful at those New Orleans Saints football games. I got sacked more than Drew Breeze.

View attachment 3051

Pretty cool! I went to a costume party, too. I am so conservative, the most elaborate I could come up with was putting a sign around my neck that said, "Make Jobs Not War!!!" That was my Wall Street Protestor costume. Oh, and I had a mean look on my face, too. :a

Pretty lame, huh?

I put a sign at the end of my driveway yesterday...

NO CANDY

No one came to the door.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back