What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, bottled 10 gallons of Cab/Merlot blend from 2009 Chilean grapes, filtered 6 gallons of Elderberry, labeled last weeks Piesporter and capsuled them and shelved them. Started a 5 gallon batch of Walkers Rhubarb and a 5 gallon batch of Walkers Riesling. I was going to rack the Chard off the diamonds and filter but my back was screaming! Next week Ill get that and bottle my Blueberry Melomel or Crab Apple or maybe even both depending on if my back lets me. Right now I have to play around with designing a label for the Cab Merlot blend.

Holy cow you had a big day. Did you have a helper? You know these parties we've been having in PA. are not good Wade. Now I have to add an Melbec and Cab Sauvignon to my Chilean order.

Hey Dan, its your fault I have the Rhubarb started today!!!!! And since I was placing that order with Walkers I figured I might as well get another so the Riesling is your fault also!!!!! Hehehehe. No helper today. Sometimes my son helps me bottle but he wasnt feeling that good, he's coming down with something now!

I started my Starter this am for the skeeter pee. I'll add a little more must into the starter in about 20-30 minutes then continue to slowly build the quantity befor introducing it later today. I need to check the weather. May pull out the bike for a quick ride later.

Hey Dan, its your fault I have the Rhubarb started today!!!!! And since I was placing that order with Walkers I figured I might as well get another so the Riesling is your fault also!!!!! Hehehehe. No helper today. Sometimes my son helps me bottle but he wasnt feeling that good, he's coming down with something now!

Well I have a Gewürztraminer and Riesling from Walkers that I plan on blending. I tasted the Gewürztraminer and it was very good The Riesling was fair. I hope to bottle about 13 gallons of ice wine and pacifica white this week.

This was one of this years limited editions from Winexpert. It says this is one that will be ready to drink right away but I defiantly believe another six months will benefit it. It was the only one that really appealed to me.

Complex pear and honey notes, grassy citrus and grapefruit, ripe apple, fig, melon, peach, and pineapple all mellow into spicy, honey, butter, butterscotch and hazelnut flavors that linger beguilingly.

Relaxed a bit today. Then did some house work. May see what's going on in the yard. Need to plan out some raised garden beds for veggies and fruits.

Installed a double basin stationary tub on the side of the basement where the wine stuff is. Now I can work on getting my stuff out of the laundry room.

Just enjoyed a lovely, 82 degree day of Florida sunshine. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Just enjoyed a lovely, 82 degree day of Florida sunshine. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Must be nice Mike. Enjoy it while you can. I see your using sun protection

BeachBum.jpg

I sweetened my batch of SP. Then played 9 holes on this warm 48deg overcast day. Who needs 82?;)
Also upgraded brewtrax.

Cleaned and delabeled 9 1/2 cases of bottles. My hands are as clean as can be!!!!!! I finished them all and now have 27 cases of clean bottles ready to rock and roll! I too upgraded Brewtrax!

Stayed up late last night bottling another 50. Half merlot, half gewurztraminer. Then I lost an hour on the time change..... I was a little tired today.

Latest posts

Back