What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie,
I also make a GREAT Buffalo Wing sauce. Went thru 10# of wings at a recent party in 30 min. Guess they liked it LOL! :i

Oh, maybe you better send me some so I can check it out to see if it is better than mine. :i

Julie

Maybe you both should send some over this way and Ill decide whos is better!!!!!!!!!! Just give me a few weeks to get rid of the left overs here! As usual my wife doesnt know when to stop making food and made way to much and the fridge will be full for at least a week and we'll end up throwing food out!:re

I just had to replace the two water filters in my water system and in the proces had to fix a few small leaks and that turned into a freagin nightmare which made me tear up a muscle or something in my left arm, I can barely move it right now!:m

I just had to replace the two water filters in my water system and in the proces had to fix a few small leaks and that turned into a freagin nightmare which made me tear up a muscle or something in my left arm, I can barely move it right now!:m
Ouch! If you can still lift a glass, you'll be fine. :h

I pulled a muscle in my forearm a while back, and one of those bands they make to treat tennis elbow brought a lot of relief while it healed.

Holiday Food... made out like a bandit!

Don't anybody tell my inlaws that I am all healed up from my headon collision in October... my wife's sisters and cousins all sent me food... I guess they think I am still healing up from my broken bones and stuff.
I got ham, turkey breast, bacon, pizza, mashed potatoes (lumpy like I like 'em), stromboli, pumpkin cake, a Cornish game hen, chicken livers, chicken gizzards and I forget what else... oh yeah... butterbeans.
Bill

Oh yeah... what did I do today? I racked my 6 gallons of Blackberry Merlot to a carboy... finished at 0.996.
Now... the wait...
Think I'll put on the Black Cherry Pinot Noir in a couple days...
Also need to order a nice white wine to get in inventory...
Then get some ale going... maybe a nice India Pale Ale...

I have Sierra Nevada and Bass clones on tap.

Tom... I'm about to dabble in beer... probably an extract kit to get started. Tell me about the Sierra Nevada you have going... I hear that is good stuff. Is it an extract kit? Knowing you it is probably an AG kit, eh?
Bill

Wow this sounds like a cook off to me, and lets just say my house would be a good central location. Wine, Wings,and good friends.

Oh I think it should be at my house, I can get my husband to make the wings and throw in some ribs and while he is doing all the cooking we can sit around and do some wine & beer tasting. I'm sure Tom will agree with me, it doesn't take long to make the sauce. :)

Tom... I'm about to dabble in beer... probably an extract kit to get started. Tell me about the Sierra Nevada you have going... I hear that is good stuff. Is it an extract kit? Knowing you it is probably an AG kit, eh?
Bill
YEP ! I do all grain, I have 2 brew pots that I use. When I do a 10 gallon batch I have a 14gal s/s pot. When I do a 20 gal batch I have a 24gal S/S pot.
I don't waste my time on 5 gal batches

Oh I think it should be at my house, I can get my husband to make the wings and throw in some ribs and while he is doing all the cooking we can sit around and do some wine & beer tasting. I'm sure Tom will agree with me, it doesn't take long to make the sauce. :)

Right @ sauce. LOONG time for ribs. Got a Browning smoker. I can do 6 Boston Butts in that for pulled pork. MMM good. Did 2 butts, smoked and slow cooked it for 18 hours

Ok Julie you win. I can't beat that. I wish the Wine Society was going to have another wine contest down there this upcoming year. I would plan on going to that for sure.:try

Me and Kat have to replace our TV soon too. The RCA input ports are shorted out (Red, yellow, White) Was going to open it up and resolder them but thought about how old the TV was.
That Vizio is a decent TV my brother bought one last year.
Best of luck to you guys with your TV. Geek Squad is notorious for poor service by the way. Check out www.consumerist.com and search for best buy or geek squad. also www.reselleratings.com. Always research before you buy.

Last edited:
Well the Geek Squad finally showed up. They say its either the power board of mother board. Now to wait for the part and schedule another appt. :(

I'm gonna rest first, then rack some Italian Amarone, then rest some more. Tough day!

Well the Geek Squad finally showed up. They say its either the power board of mother board. Now to wait for the part and schedule another appt. :(

Gee Tom, would it been cheaper to go out and buy a new TV? I'm not sure what size TV you have but we bought a 42" for approx. $800.

Julie

Back