What is this photo?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's not a rock, it's a fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tz

You need glasses too! :ft

LOL, I can only imagine what you will repond with.

If thats a fish then yes Im drooling!!!!! Steelhead sure get that big but they would be long goine id there was a truck releasing right near it or it was starving and just gulping down the 6"ers like Homer Simpson easting the donuts in hell!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMn0EFhjOFI[/ame] LOL

Ok Wade and other site challenged people. Some of The steel head are still sticking around today and I tool this video. It's tough working under these conditions. <you need to click on picture below>

Holy crap!!!!!! Know I see what you mean about the dark shadow area actually being the fish!!! WOW, thats impressive! Thanks for sharing Dan!

Sarah, A lot of folks that travel to come and get juice from us in the fall, do just that!

I probably haven't been fishing since I was ten, I don't actually even own a fishing pole. I'd probably stop at Walmart on the way and pick up one of those little kid's ones with the cartoon characters on it just for fun! :fsh

Just found this after being busy with something else, new post I will put on. When I first looked at it I just thought it was some stream not in the U.P. of Michigan because we don't have that type of rock structure in the streams I'm familiar with. It is very cool tho. The timing is right on for me as I am going to have brown trout on the grill tonight. Found a new way to cook my trout and salmon on the grill. I remove the head and fill the fish with seasonings, onions and some honey mustard and then dry the outside of the fish then rub the skin with olive oil. I soak a cedar plank in water for 30 minutes then put on the charcoal grill for five minutes and then lay the fish on top, will work on a gas grill as well. The wood chars up and doesn't burn, creates smoke and when the skin on the fish gets crispy it's done. Depending on size it takes from 20 minutes on the smaller coho salmon to around 30 on the larger browns I cook. I'm finding when I see juice running out of the fish and the skin is crispy it's done. I was amazed at how good this is and will be cooking all my un-filleted fish this way. The smoke imparts a wonderful taste to the fish

Fish are nice but Im pretty sure I see Big Foot in the woods behind a tree.

Sounds like a cool way to cook it, why Cedar?

Planked salmon is a common way of cooking but not sure why cedar is used rather than other wood. Perhaps the natural oils in cedar make for good smoking and flavour?

Typically as far as Ive seen for smoking cedar is not used but I have heard of this Cedar plank think before, just wondering why only in this case. Why not plank it on a Jack Daniels stave?

Follow up

Well as a follow up to the Steelhead release there are still about 10% of them hanging around yet. Unfortunately for them! This afternoon when I came out to look there was a resident mink making a meal of any of them he could catch. By the time I got my camera out he scurried away to his den.

Dan, next time you should have your dam camera out and ready!!!! The nerve of some people around here! Jeeesh

Back