What exactly is a "mist" wine? What's a good one?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comet in TX

Reaction score
Hey,

Well, my 1st batch of GSM is in the secondary and my 2nd batch - a CC Washington Pinot Gris is bubbling away in the fermenter, so I guess I'm doing it! Getting bottles from a local wine pub, so many there's 7 cases up in the attic already.

What exactly is a mist wine? They all kinda sound like sangria to me - are they? I think the last wine cooler I drank was around 20 years ago.......

What would be a good one to try? Not too sweet but with good varietal character! I think I'm going to need something to drink this summer in TX while all the 'serious' wines are aging away.

Next up will be the WE Riesling icewine........

Thanks,
Lara

Light weight, low alcohol, early drinking would best describe the mist kit style. Most are sweet like a wine cooler.
VC

Comet:

Check out thecommercial Wild Vines or Arbor Mist products. They are very much like the results from a mist wine kit.

BTW, if you are looking for Varietal Grape flavours, you're barking up the wrong tree. Pick a mist wine with a fruit flavour that you like, eg Blackberry, Raspberry, Pink Grapefruit. And there are a couple that are Sangria flavoured. My son, daughter-in-law, and her mom really like the Niagara Mist Sangria Zinfandel Blush.

Steve

Latest posts

Back