What are you eating today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
friends of mine love my plum jam with them they beg for it lol

Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, and Key Lime pie for desert.

Last year I made a Turducken, which was really good but I don't think the duck imparted enought flavor to justify the $30 I spent on it. So this year it will be Turken and roasting another turkey on the grill, unstuffed and with mesquite seasonings, butter corn, green bean casserole, carmelized sweet potatoes, cole slaw, mashed potatoes & gravy and stuffing all served with a bottle of riesling and pumpkin spice wine, dessert will be pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheese cake and Dan's Ice Wine. Whew, that's a lot of food, well I'm not cooking again for awhile :)

Julie have you ever made beer butt chicken on the grill. I did a few turkeys that way using fresh apple cider. Pretty dang good! What is turken?

Julie have you ever made beer butt chicken on the grill. I did a few turkeys that way using fresh apple cider. Pretty dang good! What is turken?

Yes I have never thought about doing a turkey that way. Turken is a approx. 23 # turkey that you debone the cavity (leave the legs and wings on) add a layer of stuffing then a boneless chicken breast with your favorite chicken rub then another layer of stuffing, sew it shut and then roast it in the over for about 5 hours. I'll post up pics layer tonight.

Actually I forgot to add the caramelized sweet potatoes as my Mom always makes that and brings it over but it kind of worked out anyways as she cooked it but then forgot to bring it over anyway! Hehehe. She'll freeze them and we'll eat them for Christmas instead. She makes them the best!!!!!!!

I here that but I love the old turkey sandwhich with stuffing on it and a tad of cranberry sauce!

Ended up throwing some Brats on the grill with some atomic turds on the side! Washed it down with my friends October fest brews, possibly one too many!:se

mmmmm... turds... which peppers did ya use? I use serannos. :d

My wife is cookin' up a mess of collard greens, then she's gonna make some corn bread. Damnation, i'm a lucky man!

Last edited:
What's everyone eating tomorrow?

I am making pizza and wings. Best Christmas dinner ever!

Just finished roasted chicken covered in cream of mushroom with leaks added, red skin taters mashed and asparagus. White Zin/peach to drink.

I made a seafood gumbo will eat it over rice . Grand son made an apple pie from scratch including the crust. Havent decided what wine to serve with it. While we open presents tonight will open a bottle of cherry port.

In a few hours I will start smoking my beef brisket. Low and slow here. I plan on 14 hours in the smoker.
Just finished marinading the turkey which will be added early morning to be smoked and finished with the brisket.

Back