What a mornin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
Just recieved my WE kits today . I opened up the chilean malbec shiraz kit to look it over as this will be my first kit with grape skins. Everything looks great . Looked over the directions, all seems to be straight forward . Its alot different than the standard RJS heritage estates kits I have been making . Will start it later today or tomorrow morn , cant wait . As for the other kits , will be doing them over course of winter .

Just recieved my WE kits today . I opened up the chilean malbec shiraz kit to look it over as this will be my first kit with grape skins. Everything looks great . Looked over the directions, all seems to be straight forward . Its alot different than the standard RJS heritage estates kits I have been making . Will start it later today or tomorrow morn , cant wait . As for the other kits , will be doing them over course of winter .

Wow, I was totally thinking about making that exact kit. You mind if I ask where you got it from?

About 10 months ago I made a Chilean Malbec, WE Grand Cru International kit. I cracked open a bottle last night. It was very enjoyable. Just as in the case of wine made from grapes, kit wines also benifit with some age. I'm certain the one you've choosen will be equally delightful. I don't know if you've considered this, but you can purchase additional oak to add to your ferment. I'd consider a bit more French Medium toasted oak cubes. I'd keep this in the primary for the full primary ferment, removing them when putting into secondary. It is recommended that oak be sanatized in something like k-meta before using. My kit suggested steeping the oak in hot water. I believe I'd put the cubes in the bag along with the grape skins. I believe the kit has the oak that is included in a big tea bag type of device. It just goes in as is.

Enjoy your new kit and make sure to give it time to mature. It's worth the wait.

Happy New Year,
Paul

Latest posts

Back