Werzels wow questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so after this werzels orange wine has cleared and I racked it. I am actually amazed it is smooth I was hoping for more of an orange flavor but I am proud of it and can't wait to share it. I dont remember my exact og but it was in the 1.082 range and finished below 1.000 and it doesn't have to much of a bite. Well thanks for all your help I couldnt of done it with out yall!

LOL, get a few more wines under your belt and you will know what to do as the wines get to the bottling stage. Now you have to start working on patience, the hardest part of winemaking. Arne.

Haha do u do strong man comps or power lifting? I really thaught about trying it out a couple years back but I lost a lot of strength I had.

I just powerlift now but used to compete all over doing strongman. Was alot of fun. I still train it in my backyard, just not competitively anymore.

Muscle memory is an amazing thing. Just get back into it and the strength will come back.

If you take some of it and backsweeten it, it will have a whole different flavor too. Not a bunch of sugar but just enough to bring out some more of the flavor.

Ya arne patience is very hard lol but im gonna try to age some and ya im going to backsweeten it just a little and see how it is.

Always remember, just because the cork has been in the bottle a whole day it is not time to start wondering "Wonder what it tastes like now." Hard to get much age on them that way. Been there, done that. LOL, Arne.

Ha, I havent had a chance to bottle any yet. What size corks should I order? Ill be getting I think a floor corker a buddy says its the one with 2 levers and just any bottles I can acquire through restraunts.

I think you can use #9's with that corker. The problem is I have never used one of those. Have the plastic pound er in one, think it uses 8"s. A few bottles with that and I went out and bought a floor corker. It uses #9's just fine. I think that double lever one will squeeze the cork down so it will go into the bottle. Something else I have read about those, it is easier to use if you have someone to help hold the bottle. You might try a board with a hole drilled in it big enough to hold the bottle. Good luck with it, Arne.

Ok thanks arne ya they didn't give me much info on it they just said u put it on the floor and press down im assuming "floor corker" they said it can be hard but his wife said if she can do it then it will be a breeze for me. And ive been doing some reading on corks laitly and pretty much synthetic is the way to go? And length does it matter? I plan on aging alot of them 6 mnths to a year and im going to TRY and age one bottle out of every batch I make 10 plus yrs.

I would check with the guy selling me the corks. I have the less expensive(portugeese?) floor corker, it has the plastic irises, the more expensive I think Italian, has metal irises. The folks on here say you want the metal ones for the synthetic corks. I have not tried them so don't know for sure. Arne.

Back