Welches Farmers Pick

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the way it's been done to reduce the cost of those products since 100% Blackberry, and many other berry juices would be prohibitive for most folks.

But, it's worth considering that what you are buying is a mix because so much flavor is lost in the fermentation that if you start with a juice that is only 10%-30% of 'that berry' then you aren't going to have anything in the end unless you add back some juice to back-sweeten, it's going to be a very light flavor.

I ordered a concentrate of Black Currant juice (UK product) that was very good but it too was a mix of Black Currant and other juices as well. I had considered it as a possible source for a Black Currant wine but in the end it is still cheaper to purchase can of Vintners Harvest Black Currant concentrate for my wine base. Unless I want to start another "Berry Patch" of Currants. (Wife might not tolerate that addition very well.) :sh

One of the places I get grapes in the Spring and Fall now is offering fruit juices for the first time this Fall. I'll have to ask if they know the percentage of the juice used in the bucket. I believe they have to let the consumer know if any other juices are used in case of a potential allergic reaction (much like peanuts in a product that my daughter wouldn't be able to eat). Here's a link, the place is in Forest Hill, Maryland.

https://harfordvineyard.com/fruit-juices-for-winemaking/

Latest posts

Back