we finally bottled the fruit coctail wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/wine%20making/FruitCocktailWine_0504.jpg?t=1203358957

it's about 6 months old and we back sweertned prox 3 percent before the fruity flavor emerged.
We will leave 12 bottles to age more and retest the other 3
smiley4.gif

I always thought that was an interesting sounding wine Scotty. Glad you got it in the bottle. All it needs now is to age a bit more and then enjoyed!

Im really curious as to what that will taste like. WIll it be sweet or dry. Thats gotta be a dessert wine. The label makes itlook sweet!Looks great!

The fruit cocktail wine came out well. It has a slight fruit flavor; nothing discernable. We back sweetened it to 3% which makes it off dry, just enough to bring out the flavor. It is a very nice white wine.

The label was one I did. I punched in fruit cocktail on the Internet browser and it came up with a fruit cocktail tree. So I incorporated that into the label. Making labels is a fun thing to do. I enjoy that part as much as making the wine.

Our next bottling will probably be the Australian Shiraz or the Concorde Grape. We also have a few others aging in the wine room to bottle.

Scotty, I like your passion of odd wines. What one is your all time favorite?

CajunTim said:

Don't know what Scotty will say, but of all the wines we have made, my favorite oddball wine would be the coffee wine.

CajunTim said:

Peperonni with anchovie wine for sure. Try it and you will never drink imported french wine again.

You may decide to quit drinking wine altogether also

There really is not a passion for odd wines but since fruit is not easily gotten in my area i try to make wines that are not kit wines.

The sangeovese kit was my favorite tasting red though and i cant wait to taste the australian shiraz kit.

We will probably pick up another kit this summer when we go to pensylvania for Rockys daughters wedding.

Scotty waiting for a new power supply on my computerEdited by: Miss Rocky

kaluba said:
Im really curious as to what that will taste like. WIll it be sweet or dry. Thats gotta be a dessert wine. The label makes itlook sweet!Looks great!

We ferment our wines to dry then after treating them we backsweeten just a little.

im thinking that the welches concord may not need back sweetning.Just a guess.

Miss Rocky

Welches fermented to dry is great ,I made 5 galons to serve at our 50th wedding anniversy party the kids gave my wife and I

Harry

Harry said:
Miss Rocky

Welches fermented to dry is great ,I made 5 galons to serve at our 50th wedding anniversy party the kids gave my wife and I

Harry

50 years! Congratulations to you both.
smiley32.gif

We have found that back sweetening to around 3% brings out the flavor and does not over-power the wine with sweetness.

We checked the wine room to see what we have aging yesterday. We have 6 gallons of the Welches Concorde Grape, 6 gallons of Orange, 3 gallons of Blackberry, and 6 gallons of Australian Shiraz to bottle. One thing I like about making wine is that you don't have to bottle it until you feel like it.

Latest posts

Back