Was bored

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvac36

Reaction score
Started this the other day, 75Lbs of Frozen Strawberry, Peach, Mango, and Pineapple. Should be about 8 gallons. Smells amazing!! All bought thru Aldi's was on sale for $1.50Lbs was $1.99 so I bout 100lbs:)

fruit1.jpg

fruit.jpg

Boredom has led me to about 1200 bottles in my cellar many times over!!!!!! LOL

:HB That looks V-E-R-Y promising! Updates, please. Keep this thread alive!

I made this using the same fruit. Talk about stink when it was fermenting but the smell went away and it turned out decent.

Jim I will keep this up to date. We are down to 1.020 so getting ready to move ove to the other SS tank.
Sammy all I smell is fruit is it smells amazing..
Wade your right been looking at many things and finally came up with this..

You are lucky Jim because next to the peach, this was the worst smelling wine I have made. I was ready to throw it out because it smelled so bad but I hung in there and the smell was gone on the 2nd or 3rd racking. It threw a ton of lees so I was racking a lot.

It was not the greatest at bottling. It was started last March and bottled in September and we have not opened a bottle yet but we will soon.

Not going to rush it thats for sure, if its a summer drinker of 2014 does not matter. But the wine room smells awesome right now. I have had my share of awful smelling ferments as well lol...

I make that one all the time. My wife loves it, and the tropical fruit is always available in the freezer section.

With my wife?! About a week! :ft

Seriously though, I've got some that is awesome at a year old. It is pretty good up front, though. Johnna likes hers with a little sugar in it, which makes it easier to drink right away. If you don't back sweeten, it will probably need to sit a while. In that case, I'm affraid I can't be much help.

With my wife?! About a week! :ft

Seriously though, I've got some that is awesome at a year old. It is pretty good up front, though. Johnna likes hers with a little sugar in it, which makes it easier to drink right away. If you don't back sweeten, it will probably need to sit a while. In that case, I'm affraid I can't be much help.

I backsweetened.

Well, then it's up to you. It should be drinkable very early, but it gets really smooth over time. Oh, decisions, decisions!

Well this is still in the SStank and will remain there for a few more days then transfer to the other tank. Time is a wonerful thing. Will be posting my StarBurst update also as Im spending the day in Fermenting room...

:u : Moved from SS Tank tonight in to carboys, as you can already throwing a lot of lee's. Will move back to SS tank next week. But as you can see will be a lot of loss on the move. Photo is a little on the blue side juice in carboys is more orange.

fruit2.jpg

When making this - did you only use the fruit? Or did you add additional juice to supplement?

Latest posts

Back