WALTS FRESH PEACH COBBLER

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Peel and slice 5 cups fresh peaches. Add peaches to sauce pan along with 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 TBSP lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minute.
While this is simmering Add 8 TBSP butter to a caserole dish and put in oven set to warm temp to melt butter then take 1-1/2 cups self rising flour, 1 cup sugar and blend adding 1-1/2 cups milk slowly to prevent clumping. Remove casserole dishfrom oven and set oven temp to 350 degrees. Pour mixture into casserole dish, spreading evenly as you pour. DO NOT STIR. Then spoon peaches and juice evenly into casserole dish and bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and enjoy..

I just pulled this one from the oven !!!

peachcobbler.jpg

I need to get me some peaches!! So how does Kat sleep at night with you cooking up stuff like that at 2am???
smiley36.gif

I just be as quiet as possible Tony.Seems to work ok until the odors from whatever I am cooking waif into the bedroom........
smiley36.gif

Waldo, I bought some fresh peaches and made a peach cobbler using your recipe. I tweeked it by adding 3 Tbls of peach schnapps. All I can say is " WOW " Great flavor, great taste.

To everyone that reads this post I give this recipe three thumbs up
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif

BOB

Was that three tablespoons in a jigger? That might explain the three thumbs you are seeing
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back