Volume question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyandkory

Reaction score
I have fruit and am contemplating the volume of wine I should make.
this is what I have.

12 pounds of strawberries (Sweated with sugar)
5 pounds of bananas (slurried with peals)
5 pounds of rhubarb (sliced 1/4" and frozen atm)

Edit:
~<(Made a 6/(7) gallon batch)>~

SG 1.080
bentonite
yeast nutrient
1 tsp acid blend
K1V-1116

It has been 12 hours and fermentation is strong.

I had to put a gallon of must in a gallon carboy. there are already a bunch of lees
almost an inch.... this this could just be banana?

Last edited:
I have fruit and am contemplating the volume of wine I should make.
this is what I have.

12 pounds of strawberries (Sweated with sugar)
5 pounds of bananas (slurried with peals)
5 pounds of rhubarb (sliced 1/4" and frozen atm)

Edit:
~<(Made a 6/(7) gallon batch)>~

It has been 12 hours and fermentation is strong.

I had to put a gallon of must in a gallon carboy. there are already a bunch of lees almost an inch.... this this could just be banana?

Your inch of lees is quite likely banana related.
Any pectic enzymes added, the bentonite will only do so much.
22# of fruit in a 6 gallon batch is a tad over 3.5#/gallon, will likely be quite light (thin). Your SG is 1.080, you have some wiggle room if you want to add a few cans of 100% grape concentrate. Sounds like a nice batch though.

Two or three tsp pectic don't remember. Grape concentrate? You mean like frozen welches white grape juice? Which is a good idea. After 24 hours the fermentation is so strong all the lees are suspended again.

Two or three tsp pectic don't remember. Grape concentrate? You mean like frozen welches white grape juice? Which is a good idea. After 24 hours the fermentation is so strong all the lees are suspended again.

Yes, welch's white grape, 100% juice. I always keep a few cans of the 100% white and 100% red grape in my freezer. They come in handy for adding body.

Latest posts

Back