Vodka for Hand Sanitizing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyB

Junior
Reaction score
I see where people use Vodka as a sanitizer. I too am thinking about using it in a spray bottle to sanitize my hands and various brewing accessories. If this is appropriate, is there any rule-of-thumb for how long the contact time is required for Vodka to sanitize hands and such? I use K-Meta for most everything else.Thanks in advance,

All I know about brewing is what I’ve read here and viewed on George’s videos. I think that George indicated that with K-Meta, the fumes sanitize after a couple of minutes. If this is true, which I believe to be so, how do you sanitize your hands without holding them above the K-Meta for a couple of minutes? Anyway, I don’t think that I want to drink the Vodka I bought: maybe to treat a snake bite, but it could be worse than the venom!

Just wash your hands with soap and water just like surgeons do before operating. Some wear vinyl or latex gloves (winemakers that is-hopefully all surgeons).

I have a small spray bottle of vodka to spray the spouts and connectors on my kegerator when I swap kegs.

Latest posts

Back