Mosti Mondiale VN PG and Soave

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
I opened a bottle of VN Soave and one of the Pinot Grigio tonight--both bottles the same day -- 3/5 months ago. Itwas light, crisp and refreshing. I made one before that I added raisins to but this one I didn't. I can't tell any difference in the flavor or body of this oen. I don't care about adding alcohol, I consume enough of that on my own. So, for me,I won't be adding golden raisins in the future.

The Pinot Grigio had more body and an oakiness to it (both came with oak but the PG had more). I found it pleasant but I'd rather give it a few more months for the oak to integrate. I normally don't like oakey whites except for a truly buttery chardonnay but this was surprisingly pleasant (I've been know to just ignore any oak that comes with whites and use them on reds which I like quite oakey).I've found some PGs to be kinda bland but this one is not.

I would recommend either--the Soave for a real quick drinker and the PG for more body but given about 6 months aging.

Thanks for the tasting notes on the Soave and Pinot Grigio. I enjoy hearing how the kits turn out. I've been thinking about making the VN PG for my next quick drinker. Right now I am making the VN Bourg Royal White and the VN Zinfandel Blush. I've heard really good things about the VN kits so I am excited to see how these turn out. I'll be bottling the Bourg Royal White soon and the Zinfandel in about a month or so.

Latest posts

Back