RJ Spagnols Vino del Vida Borolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaineGal

Reaction score
I'm making this kit this afternoon and it has oak powder with it. Instructions say to add today. It also has dehydrated fruit. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that oak should be added after the first racking? Am I mistaken??

Just go ahead and follow your instructions.
Oak powder typically goes right in the fermentor, right away.

To add oak shavings or chips, some kits have you wait until you rack from the fermentor bucket to the carboy for finishing fermentation. However, most have you add them in the fermentor bucket, just like the powder.

I made this kit when i first started and I really didnt like it much but my friend loved it, he ended up up with most of this batch and the rest i cooked meats with. Hopefully you like this as much as he did, I found it too thin for my taste.

Well....the thing is, Wade.... I have no idea what to expect...I've just discovered wine in my old age, lol..... Oh well, I'll either like it or not.... But hopefully my DH will like it. He likes red wine, I really made it for him.

Latest posts

Back