Using Juice From The Store- What Can It Have/Not Have In It & Receipes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critterhunter

Reaction score
Need a straight answer on this. If I'm using store bought juice at say Walmart or something what is the juice allowed to have in it and what should it not have. Also, is pasturized juice OK? I also see some that say something like Malic Acid on them and some other stuff, so I need a good run down on what's allowed and not. Are any juices better than others taste wise, like say unpasturized?

Also, I need some reciepes for different juices. Mainly I'm looking at Tart & Regular (Sweet?) types, blueberry, and any other you can give me a receipe to. I'll be doing a 7 gallon primary and a 5 gallon secondary so it would help if the ingredients match that. Thanks.

you definitely have to avoid anything with 'sorbates'. There's another chemical to watch out for too.

'Acids' should be fine. Malic, citric and ascorbic acid are commonly added to frozen concentrates and are not a problem (although it may mean you need NO acid blend added to the recipe)

2 things,
No preservatives. Ascorbic acid is OK

Only use 100% juice (no cocktail)

You will need wine yeast, hydrometer, TA kit, Acid blend, nutrient, and sorbate just to name a few. :dg

Latest posts

Back