Urgent help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I got this email this morning. Gotta love scammers. At least the English wasn't a total hack job. Email him if you can help. :)

From "Michael Anderson" ([email protected])

Subject: URGENT HELP....Michael Anderson

Hi,

I am in Istanbul, Turkey at the moment. I am here for a short Vacation trip and I just had my bag stolen from me and personal effects. I have been trying to sort things out with the necessary authorities and I need some assistance from you.

Let me know if you can help.

Michael Anderson

I was once stuck in Madrid with no cash, broken internet at the hotel, no phone and a debit card that I discovered wasn't authorized to use outside of the country. I wandered around until I found a weak free wifi signal and shot an email off to my bank describing my situation. They promptly called my wife to say my account was being scammed! She thought I was mugged and left dead on the side of the road or something.

I had these emails also and called the person as they did not even leave town.
Be careful of these scams !

I am sure that they do. The trouble is that those people are not really in need... they are much more in want... :ft:ft:ft::

Agree for sure. Human nature dictates "lending a helping hand". However that hand has been bitten too many times and we've been jaded by misappropriation on so many levels :ft

Latest posts

Back