Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for you folks. Is there a reason why you don't add fruit and oak to a mesh bag? Or just preference? Thanks

I can't speak for the rest as. For me it's all about surface contact , base wine to fruit or wood contact, it's all about surface contact not the added work I might incurre, after all with making is supposed to be fun.

Last edited:
Cheap kits

IT IS AMAZING HOW THIS THREAD HAS TAKEN OFF IN SUCH A SHORT TIME.. 12/11/2015..THANKS.:db TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE VEIWED AND PARTICIPATED..NEXT WE START TOM'S WINE KITS.

.fixul { list-style-type:disc; margin-left:20px; } .dropdown_menu { background: #FFFFFF; color: #000000; border: 1px solid #0B198C; } .dropdown_menu_style { background: #BBC7CE; color: #000000; font: 11px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; white-space: nowrap; cursor: pointer; }.menu_tr_background { background: #6e8966; color: #FFFFFF; font: bold 11px tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; }.vb_menu_header { background: #6e8966; color: #FFFFFF; font: bold 11px tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 5px 6px 5px 6px; white-space: nowrap; border: 1px solid #D1D1E1; } .wraptocenter span { display: inline-block; height: 100%; }.uno .wraptocenter { font-size: 14px; /* extra 1px v-correction */ }.example { _height: 0; zoom: 1; }Search

• Today's Posts
  • My Replies
  • My Threads
  • My Account
  • profilepic7967_2.gif
    joeswine 4

#header .banner .ad { margin:23px -05px 0 0; }

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > vBulletin Message
Go to Page...

vBulletin Message
joeswine, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Forum Jump
User Control Panel Private Messages Subscriptions Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home WineMakingTalk.com Forums Introductions Forum Comments, Suggestions & Help Wine Making Tutorials, Calculators, Wine Logs & Yeast Charts Beginners Wine Making Forum General Wine Making Forum Recipes Wine Making from Grapes Kit Winemaking Country Fruit Winemaking Meads Skeeter Pee Special Interest Wines Equipment & Sanitation Yeast, Additives & Wine Making Science Bottles, Labels & Corks Barrels & Oaking Wine Cellar & Storage Forum The Marketplace Sponsor Showcase Classifieds Grape Growing / Vineyard Management / Commercial Winery Commercial Winery Forum Grape Growing & Vineyard Forum Other Topics General Chit-Chat Joke Forum Beer Making Food, Pairing & Craft Foods Wine Competitions, Meetups & Events​

divider.png

View All Wine Making Talk Sponsors

Newest Threads

Tweeking Cheap Kits

Howdy!

Saying Hello

How to get rid of the yeast flavor?

excellent price on wine kits

My plan for 2017 wine from California grapes

Question about LE Australia Grenache and Cab with Grape Skin

Planting vines. Have questions.

Need to increase acid?

New to this

Island Mist Hard Pink Lemonade

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS

Up to 20% Off Sitewide! Memorial Day Sale!

LIMITED SUPPLY - $45 Refurb Ball Lock Kegs

TODAY ONLY | 15% Off Sitewide Flash Sale!

Flash Sale Extension! 24 Hours Left to SAVE 10%!

TODAY ONLY | 10% Off Sitewide Flash Sale!

#sticky.stick{position:fixed;top:10px;z-index:10000;}

#join_wmt_pop_up{position:fixed;top:0;left:0;z-index:10000;width:100%;height:100%;background:rgba(0,0,0,.9)}.join_wmt-inner{position:absolute;top:50%;left:50%;width:300px;height:210px;margin-top:-105px;margin-left:-150px;border-radius:10px;background:url(/images/join_wmt-inner-small.jpg) center #fce4d3;background-size:cover}.join_wmt-inner-logo{position:absolute;left:0;margin-left:137px;margin-top:-31px;background:url(/images/head/logo.png) no-repeat;background-size:cover;width:110px;height:87px}#join_wmt-close{position:absolute;display:block;top:7px;right:10px;width:21px;height:22px;background:url(/images/join_wmt-close.png);cursor:pointer}.join_wmt-inner .join_wmt-inner-button{display:inline-block;width:auto;height:auto;margin-top:152px;margin-left:111px;padding:0 30px;background:#dd5641;border-radius:3px;color:#fff;font-family:"Open Sans",sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:1px;line-height:44px;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration:none}.join_wmt-inner-button:hover{background:#b73d2a}@media (min-width:640px){.join_wmt-inner{position:absolute;width:570px;height:291px;margin-top:-145px;margin-left:-285px;background:url(/images/join_wmt-inner-large.jpg) #fce4d3;background-size:cover}.join_wmt-inner-logo{margin-left:301px;margin-top:-38px;width:154px;height:122px}.join_wmt-inner .join_wmt-inner-button{margin-top:214px;margin-left:288px;padding:0 36px;font-size:15px;line-height:48px}}

Contact -

Privacy -

Top -

Advertising

Last edited:
Has any admid,seen what has been placed on the above reply? Why does this continue to happen I can seam to reach anyone to help me understand why it keeps happening,help!!¡! thanks

The only thing that makes sense to me is if you tried to copy and paste something and got all of the coding for the page when you did the copy.

I just tried doing a Copy all (Ctrl + A, then Ctrl + C) on one of the pages and pasted it in a reply, and the preview looked very much like what you posted.

No that's not it the part where it denies me access to my thread??? Where a the admins

Post pics as I've done since 2007??nothing out of the ordinary,there should be somewhere I can make contact with to answer my question about this.

Make sure you didn't get logged out of your account by looking at the top right and you should see your member name listed.

Also are you trying to use a speech to text translator? That could be causing an issue when trying to reply. Other than that I am not sure what else could be going on.

Has any admin, seen what has been placed on the above reply? Why does this continue to happen I can seam to reach anyone to help me understand why it keeps happening,help!!¡! thanks

Clearly he was logged in, because the computer response refers to "joeswine."

I have also tried to modify posts that have attached pictures (namely, to try to delete a picture) and have gotten the message (obviously, saying "sour_grapes" instead):
joeswine, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So its not just me! Usually I'm able to download to a thread 20 pics at a time anymore its 4 or 6 and then the same statement appears,frustrating..could this be a problem with the cloud? also I use to be able to delete a thread now ???? thanks MIKE..

Toms wine kits

THIS ONES A PINO GRIGIO WE'VE ADDED GRAPEFRUIT ZEST IN THE PRIMARY AND REDUECED TO A - 5 GALLON KIT AT 13% ABV,THIS SHOULD COME DOWN SLIGHTLY WILL SEE FOLLOW THE FLOW FOR THIS CHEAP WINE KIT ..:dbTHIS KIT IM'M DOING FOR TOM

1.jpg

1c.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

7A.jpg

7B.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Toms wine kits continued

pino continued.............YOU'LL SEE HIM WITH THIS SAME WINE KIT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME CAROL AND THEIR DAUGHTER LIKED IT ALOT...

IMG_20160311_123202426.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this falls under tweaking cheap kits. It's definitely tweaking, but not necessarily kits. Last year I made a batch of raspberry wine and concord wine from local fruit. In each case I made a one gallon batch of 2nds wine with the fruit after the initial fermentation. Additionally, I made a one gal batch of Niagara from Welch's frozen white grape concentrate. None of these wines were awful, but none were they very good on their own.

So I started blending and tweaking. I tried different combinations and found that an even blend of all 3 was the most palatable. However, fully dry it was pretty tart. The next step was to bench test some alternative sugar levels for back sweetening. I just happened to have recently made a cucumber melon Sauvignon Blanc and I had about a third of the F-pac leftover. Into the mix went some of that, plus simple syrup and I think I may have a winner.

This wine is no all-star, but perseverance and continued testing and tweaking appears to have created something decent that will be good well chilled on a hot summers day. The final additions were made this weekend so I'll let the sugars meld for a couple weeks before taking this to the bottle. If nothing else this will be a great base for making wine coolers.

It seams to me your having a good time and that's what tweaking is all about, don't you think?

It seams to me your having a good time and that's what tweaking is all about, don't you think?

Absolutely . . . this thread has inspired me to experiment and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy it. Especially when the final result comes out nice.

Good thing I just picked up 4 more 4L jugs to allow for more research.

Thanks Joe!

This thread is a huge inspiration to me. Popping juice out of the bag and following the directions doesn't really make it "my" wine quite like other additions and tweaks do.

And I have to say my tweaked shiraz is better (to me) than any table wine I've bought. Peppery and jammy all at once, lingering smell of wildflowers. Heaven in a glass.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back