Other Tosca Wine Buckets - Anyone tried these?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so it's been two months bottled and I can taste a fare amount of improvement. I didn't think I was going to try these again, but I may have to reconsider. I'm starting to think my poor results were more a result of my brewing skills rather than the product. I didn't add a thing during primary or secondary and that was probably my mistake. Definitely will add a grape pack or two, and oak. I'm open to suggestions as to type and quantity of additives ?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Amarone is pretty much ready to bottle. Has definitely come a long way from where we started. I highly recommend the Tannin Riche Extra. FANTASTIC stuff.

Malbec needs a bit longer and then some tasting trials.

Merlot is sitting and thinking about what it would like to be when it grown up.

So far, I would seriously consider doing these again with a very big grape pack, oak, and tannin. Thinking of putting together some Hausschmutz for an every day drinker out of them. A Cab/Merlot/something blend for next year.

Just remember that if we started these last september they are only 8 months old, I wouldn't doom them until after a year.

Granted buying the ones with the crushed grapes should improve body, adding oak is also crucial. I will taste mine again in about a month and maybe add some more oak or tannin before bottling near the end of summer

Well I had a bottle of this I took when racking down a couple months back, I was curious on how it was progressing and I opened the bottle.

This has come along way in the last 2 months(tasted the Malbec w/crushed grapes, sitting at nearly 9 mo total), it has a nice fruit taste the oak I added adds some nice undertones, certainly still green as I can't tell it is a Malbec yet and needs to soften more.

But I guess in another 6 months this will be a winner, so I will reverse my previous disappointment and replace it with optimism that this will be great wine with time (70$ for 23L on skins, probably better value than kits too)

Back