To Chard or Not to Chard?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishonline

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am just finishing my fourth chardonnay kit which is a MM Outback Chardonnay I got from FVW. I also have a En Primeur chard in bulk aging, a Vino Italiano from Amazon, and a chard that I made from Alexander’s concentrate in bulk aging. I’m obviously a big chardonnay drinker but I’m thinking about stepping out of my comfort zone and trying a different type of white wine kit. Any suggestions of a dry white wine kit that may be a little different from a Chardonnay without being too different?? I see a lot of differnt types of wine mentioned on here but I'm not sure what they all are. Suggestions? Favorites??

I have made three that I feel are very nice whites. At least they got the approval of my "War Department" and she really likes whites. I recommend trying a Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or a French Colombard. I have made all three and they turned out great. I would get the best kit (i.e. the one with the most juice) that you care to purchase.

CC Showcase Viognier.

I have a CC SHowcase Gruner tucked away. Guess I should pull that bad boy out and pitch some yeast on it!

Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Maybe a dry-ish Riesling.

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the sounds of the Gruner, and it looks like it won a gold medal as well. So many wines.. So few carboys!

you say that now :) next year you'll be comenting on how many carboys you have!

I know.. If I could just learn how to blow glass so I could make carboy's I'd have this thing licked! It is a fun hobby and quite addiciting I must say.

I bought the Gruner! Thanks again for your suggestion! Looking forward to starting it this weekend.

Back