The "Weirdest" wineries you've come across!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianSmith

Young Wine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm on a mission to discover the weirdest wineries out there on this planet... whether it's an obscure mansion... a castle... something that looks like the Fortress of Solitude from Superman... i WANT to know!!

I'm focusing more on the weird architecture.. so it could be super modern or it could be super old... there's got to be some cool stuff out there :)

Thank you for helping me on this mission!

Sorry, the only wineries I've ever been to were standard brick and mortar (or sheet metal) buildings.

All the more reason for us to find something a little weird for you to go to Tom ;)

I'm sure without a doubt someone will have a story for us!

Not really weird but very unique, Cave Vineyard ... in an actual cave. really cool.

Duck Pond in Dundee, OR. The Duck Pond you can buy in the store doesn't even compare to the stuff you can buy AT the winery.

Del Dotto in Napa is another weird and wonderful winery. It's got a variety of different types of marble and has a huge cave and a little meat cave. Here are a few pics:

IMG_0705.JPG

Del-Dotto-Vineyards2.JPG

I don't think South Shore winery qualifies as "Weird" more like unique and beautiful. It is the oldest one in Pennsylvania. it is a beautiful stone cave but seems a bit empty.

0908121200.jpg

0908121152.jpg

0908121201b.jpg

Thank you Phil, it is still wonderful to look at. For the oldest winery in Pennsylvania I think its pretty darn nice!

For quirkiness, one of my favourites in my neck of the woods is the Sevenhill winery in the Clare Valley. It was established by Jesuit monks in 1851 and remains a monastery as well as a winery ... it's very atmospheric, there are beautiful cellars and ruins of old buildings around the site ... and a crypt full of dead priests!

Sevenhill%2BSt%2BAloysius.jpg

21094-1000x800.jpg

sevenhill-cellars.jpg

REDRUM thank you so much for sharing this, I love it!

Sorry i haven't responded for a while too folks, I was in hospital with a collapsed lung (oopsie), but I'm on the mend now and looking forward to hearing more stories!!!

These are just great!

Latest posts

Back