The Mrs is in a better mood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXfanatic

Reaction score
While my wine making took up the majority of the counter top space in the kitchen the Mrs was getting more and more sick of it. So the solution was to move it all to the basement. We made a trip to Menards to purchase a few more lower cabinets and a few uppers. We have the lowers almost done. Due to a plumbing issue (no stores open to buy the fix) I needed to put the sink back in prior to completing the installation. I do know better to start projects like this on a Sunday late afternoon. But anyways.....here's the new wineroom

IMG_1008.jpg

I'll keep working on it this week. Hope to have it all organised by the weekend.

Looks good, I had to do the same when added three more people to our hobby. But your is much nicer.

I know that feeling all to well, especially when my wife tried to help me in the middle of the night and change the water filters and when she turned on the water it was spraying like crazy as she didn t do it right and stretched out both gaskets in the filter housings! Water sprayed all over my wine cellar and ruined many many labels and we had to keep the water shut off until I got home from work the next day!

Great start! You'll be back in the kitchen (and on the couch) in no time when those carboy rabbits come hopping along :)

Most likely, I use a dble set up for my well. One string wound to catch the heavy stuff and then a carbon filter to catch the finer stuff and improve the taste.

Nice space to work but please make sure all the outlets serving the counter are GFI protected, safety!

Very nice, but I have a question: Isn't that a little too much space in the top of that one gallon carboy? I've been afraid to leave them that low, but then, what do I know?

Thank you for all the compliments!!

Wade E, our plumbing issue was the turn off valves wouldn't turn off all the way. Shuda seen that coming!

Roblloyd, Yep I'm sure the rabbits are not to far off. I'm not so sure about the couch tho

Txbrew, that water filter is just for the icemaker in the freezer and a little faucet at the kitchen sink. Yes well water... no other filters just a water softener. I suppose I should look after 15 years of living here if that thing needs a cartridge changed lol

Scott, Thanks for watching out for others. You brought up a very good point. I will check it out.

SpoiledRotten, Yes I think that's too much space on top of the gallon of Pineapple. I just racked off the Pineapple 5 gallon and haven't put the topping leftovers in a smaller container yet.

The update is: bought another lower 36" sinkbase, fixed the plumbing issue and am currently enjoying a glass/bottle of Cherry somewhat sweet!

And ya'll got me thinkin.....non of us use the little faucet at the kitchen sink....maybe a reroute of that plumbing to the new wine making area!?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Back