RJ Spagnols tannat Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaz

Reaction score
Well got bored tonight and didn't feel like drinking any white or pee I have ready, so I just cracked a bottle of Cru Select tannat Merlot. This kit bulk aged for 7 months and has only been in the bottle for 1 month. Obviously it's not ready yet as it still has a nick of a juicy taste to it, but I can see where it's headed. First off it is super thick and full bodied, much more than any of the other cheap/mid priced its I have made. Very oaky flavour, with a hint of jam, hay, and lemon?

Anyways I am giving these out as christmas gifts and will tell the people that it would be a great wine to serve on easter :) I will be cracking a bottle every two months and will update this kits progression.

I have a few bottles left that are almost 4 years old and they are terrific wines that I will have make again.

Well didn't make it two months before cracking the next one. At about 10 months the juice taste is gone and the big full body is evident. The flavor is good not great, but due to its lack of aging I'm hoping it will improve.

I also have some of this wine bulk ageing right now for about 4 months. I made this several years ago and it was one of the best kits I ever made. I entered it a few years ago in AWS competition and won Best Of Show For a Kit Wine. I'll make this one again and again.

Latest posts

Back