take it on the chin saturday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you checked to see if you are a candidate for Lasic eye surgery? My eyes used to be so bad, if I took off my glasses I could be declared legally blind. Life without glasses is wonderful. I figure it took about 7 years of not buying glasses or contacts to break even on the cost. Walking with a spring rain falling on your face and still being able to see where you're going....priceless.

My brother had it a while back and is a fan.

I, on the other hand, am scared to death of it. The Idea that they are taking lasers to your eyes is, to be honest, very frightening to me. My fear is if something goes wrong. With my luck I know it would be me.

My brother had it a while back and is a fan.

I, on the other hand, am scared to death of it. The Idea that they are taking lasers to your eyes is, to be honest, very frightening to me. My fear is if something goes wrong. With my luck I know it would be me.

Relax, I had it done up in Bergenfield. Felt like welder's flash for a day and it was all over. Should 'a done it year's ago. DW and daughter had it done too.

I had lasik surgery done about 20 yrs ago. Love it, was near sighted could not see anything clear an arms length away.
Now, I need reading glasses sucks getting old. :ft

Steve

Looks like it's take it on the chin Friday for me. Started with a call this morning from the Mrs. that all of the toilets at home were bubbling.

Quick call to Honeydippers treatment plant pumper outers, and a little investigation revealed that it's not a simple pump job, but a clogged line somewhere in the system. Need a plumber for that.

Then the plumbers showed up, not blocked between the plant and the outflow, after an hour and a half of investigation. Moved to the upstream side, seems to be between the house sewer exit clean out and the plant, but not under the foundation, at least that's good. Quick snake job will take care of that, right? Snaked the first 25' section, no block there. Went to the next section and when they removed the clean out, the whole pipe came out of the fitting and out of the ground. Not good. Hmmmm, Mrs. hasn't had facilities all day.

Now I'm waiting while they go get the mini excavator to dig up the line, to put the clean out piping back in, so they can hopefully snake and remove the obstruction.

Not sure of the outcome yet, but definitely sure I'm gonna take it on the chin. Wonder if they'd accept payment in wine...............

Ooouch. Feel for you there, John. Hope it, uhhh, all comes out alright.

Everything comes out in the end, right Paul?

It's over, after 7 hours. Not sure what the monetary damage is, but the lawn's a little messy. Gotta hand it to the dudes who deal with crap like that, pun intended. Sent em on their way with 6 bottles of wine, sadly, they preferred big bodied cabs.

Latest posts

Back