Take a stand against scum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing here is that the automated phone message gave me these numbers to call back. When I did call, the scammer on the other end went right into his act. I have no doubt that I harasses a piece of human filth!

Yes, but did you try to sell him your 1978 Pinto Station Wagon with the wood sides and only 287k miles on it? I'm sure he would have been very interested in it. :)

That's what I used to do when I would get telemarketers cold calling me. I'm so happy that doesn't happen anymore hah. I do miss throwing my sales pitch though. :h

Yes, but did you try to sell him your 1978 Pinto Station Wagon with the wood sides and only 287k miles on it? I'm sure he would have been very interested in it. :)

That's what I used to do when I would get telemarketers cold calling me. I'm so happy that doesn't happen anymore hah. I do miss throwing my sales pitch though. :h

Actually he was trying to sell them some Welch's Wine :)

I get calls from "Rachel with Credit Card Services" all the time, always from a different number.

Once I punched through to get a human and told her my number had been on the federal do not call list for seven years, please stop calling me.

She replied, "Oh yeah? Well just for that, we are going to call you now several times a day for the next two weeks!"

And they did. The government has been unable to stop this scam scheme, which sets itself up as a new corporate business every so often. I have even been in contact with my so-called "representatives" in Congress about this. Nothing they can do.

There is. They can enforce the law. Just nobody does that. Its much easier to write the law, take credit for it, and let it rot.

This is a famous case that has been written up all over the place in the media because so many people get these calls. Just Google "Rachel at Credit Card Services."

There's not much they can do.

CCS swaps out phone numbers and changes corporate entities so often that no one can keep up. I can't block them; it's a different number every time they call. I get these calls at home and on my cell. Both my numbers are long-time Do Not Call list entries.

When the law catches up, if it ever does get close, then that corporation the warrant is for, or the charges are filed against, is defunct. They are now a new corporation. And so on. They claim to offer credit remediation for cardholders over their heads, but what they really do is offer an $800-$2,000 "service" that basically does all the remediation that the cardholder could have done him or herself for free. And they keep trying to punch the well deeper once someone agrees to the "service."

That "service," too, is a slick move. Because if they are actually offering a "product" or "service," and they do deliver it when the customer (or as I like to call them, the "mark") requests it, then by law it is not a scam. They just make zillions of calls and if they get even 1%, that's a lot of cash.

What this really is, is the price I pay for doing business on the Net, where it is so very easy to scrape and sell a known-good phone number. That's why I have not handed out my number to the myriad of sites asking me for it "for security reasons." But when I make an order, it has to be provided.

Latest posts

Back