WineXpert Table grape wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Anyone ever try making wine from plain old red or green table grapes? I
was wondering if it would be somewhat similiar to a Chablis or
something.

Good question Wade...I have looked at table grapes in the store and wondered why I could'n make wine from them or at least use them in a blend with something else...

My first batch of wine, was made with a blend of Muscadine , Red and black table grapes. It turned out to be pretty good. I sweetend it back to a semi sweet. Ended up with 36 bottles. Still have about 10 of them. I'm fairly new to wine making. Edited by: dizzy

I remember back in the 70's my Mom made some with table grapes. It tasted like a grape Sweet Tarts. It wasn't real pleasant.

Smurfe

Hehehe...they make you want to pucker up!
smiley4.gif

Hey Wade,

I made a gallon from Walmart Black Grapes. I didn't have enough juice t make up a gallon so I added 1 can of Welches grape concentrate. The wine wasn't much different than the wine I made from 2-1/2 gallons of Welches Red Grape juice in flavor, but thecolor was much darker.

I got a load of grapes from Albertsons on sale last year. They were called "red" grapes, but the wine they made came out pink. However, a very good wine if I do say so myself. The flavor is different, but pleasant and fruity. Nice texture, too. I would recommend giving it a try. I only purchased enough for 1 gallon. The real problem is the cost here. If you purchase enough table grapes to make a full batch of wine at the regular grocery store price, you end up paying as much or more than you would for a kit.

Latest posts

Back